Author Topic: everyone read this please.about your email and pm.  (Read 786 times)

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
everyone read this please.about your email and pm.
« on: February 09, 2004, 01:58:55 PM »
i asked graybeard how he liked this group so far.this is what he said

Offline Daveinthebush

So Far
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 03:07:41 PM »
GB is probably busy and I am sure will answer you latter.  I noticed one thing that may help everyone.

If you have noticed, that everytime someone adds something to a post, you get an email notifying you of the addition.  Some people just seem to say hi to someone else and that is it.

If you just want to say hi, try sending a PM or an email.  If we fill the server with just "hi's" we will eventually have a problem. Also it won't clutter everyones email accounts. :roll:

If you do send a PM, remember to delete any PM's that you don't need. Again, it clutters up the server.

Just a few thoughs to try to help you gys out.

Daveinthebush
AK Bowhunting Certification Instructor
AK Hunter Certification Instructor
IBEP Bowhunting Certification Instructor

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
everyone read this please.about your email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 07:09:37 PM »
Ya'll seem to be a well behaved bunch at this time. Had a bump or two along the way over BM but I think that's behind us now. You guys sure do like to post. This is quickly headed toward being the most used forum on the site it seems.

Overall I have nothing bad and only good to say of ya'll at this point.

Dave brings up a valid point. If you are logged in and click on anything we have a function that will pop up a window to tell you that you have a PM. Use that not an e-mail notification that you have an e-mail. Any time I have reason to be in the profile of a member if they have it set to give them e-mail notification of  PMs or messages I change it to not do so. I cannot believe anyone really wants an e-mail every time a post is made on a forum this busy. If you get them you won't have time to visit the forum for reading your e-mail.  :-D  It should benefit all I think to use the pop up function not e-mails to tell you when you have a PM.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jeff223

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 01:20:38 AM »
thanks graybeard,maybe they can change their profiles around somewhat

Offline jeff223

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 01:01:45 PM »
:grin:

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 02:42:46 PM »
Graybeard,  We are just a talkitive bunch......Again thanks for putting up with us.  BTW  I changed my profile to only give me a pop up.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline .308

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 03:12:54 PM »
Like the pop-up way of notifying of p/m's, don't remember if I set it to do that or if ya'll did. Anyhow I like it, works great for me. :wink:

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 09:34:28 PM »
I think we all like to sit on the porch and chew the fat. But seeing as how far apart our porches are.... we're all gonna use Greybeards porch for awhile. :D
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired