Author Topic: Gross neglect  (Read 232 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Gross neglect
« on: October 18, 2012, 03:49:07 AM »
  Embassies and consulates in the mideast/Mediterranean areas are probably the most threatened in all the world.  The one in Benghazi was attacked recently, several times before the final and fatal, attack of a month ago.  Now. many of the installations in the area are smoldering..
   One would think that if we were to maintain relations in the area, any embassy should be worthy of a Marine guard and presence.   Instead, the Benghazi installation was only "protected"  by a third rate rent-a-cop security firm; carrying flashlights..but no guns.
     http://news.yahoo.com/benghazi-diplomatic-security-u-relied-small-british-firm-014650742.html
     Most of the installations which have been threatened and/or attacked, ring the Mediterranean.  As a veteran/civilian with only a rudimentary understanding of the flexibility of today's very advanced military...I can say I would have done things very differently.
    With ,according to Hillary,.. a 60,000  member diplomatic corps, attacks on installations occuring regularly...plus the CIA and Joint Chiefs of Staff to consult, the president MUST have had a forewarning of a  very likely attack.
  I would have kept one Marine MEU in the Mediterranean sea..any attack could be answered in minutes by Harrier "jump jets"..followed almost instantly by troops landing with Stallion choppers...and within hours..1500 Special Ops Marines could be on the scene..
          Strange the U.S. could put Special Ops troops in the Central African Republic...but not have any backup in the Mediterranean..
   http://www.aljazeera.com/video/africa/2012/04/201243054512483746.html

The only reason I can see why the Obama gang would do that, is because that bloody Kony fellow calls himself a Christian..and he is fighting the vicious muslim terrorists there.  We have to" make the world safe for Islam" you know!! 
                                 http://www.aljazeera.com/video/africa/2012/04/201243054512483746.html

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonalds. Blecch!
Re: Gross neglect
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 08:32:35 AM »
The whole Libya consulate scandal is just amazing. I cannot fathom how anyone in a hotbed of anti-American sentiment would consider leaving our consulate unprotected. I hope the stink about this continues because, as you say, it is gross neglect that shoud be an imprisonable offense. It just amazes me what these agencies can get away with and not have any consequences to themselves.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Gross neglect
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »
His own NSA would certainly have known about the impending attack.  and by that, obama certainly knew what was coming, but he knew that he could blame a youtube video for a spontaneous riot by locals.
obama is guilty of murder.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye