Author Topic: Latest natl gallup poll shows Romney ahead by 6 pts.  (Read 176 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Latest natl gallup poll shows Romney ahead by 6 pts.
« on: October 18, 2012, 03:19:11 AM »
Romney opens up 6-point lead over Obama as campaigns hunker down in swing states  Published October 18, 2012
FoxNews.com   
  •    
  Mitt Romney opened up his biggest lead yet in a national Gallup survey, with the latest results showing the Republican nominee up 6 points over President Obama -- with less than three weeks and just one debate left on the calendar before Election Day.

The Gallup survey, which is based on a seven-day rolling average, showed Romney leading 51-45 percent. At the start of October, he was tied with Obama at 48 percent each.
The poll measures likely voters, with the latest results spanning interviews from Oct. 10-16. The poll would not yet have factored in voters' views after the second presidential debate, which was held Tuesday.
But the poll shows Romney's numbers continuing to rise on the heels of the first debate, a trend that was apparently not blunted by Vice President Biden's aggressive debate performance one week ago.

Though presidential elections are decided in the battlegrounds, the new national numbers surely raise warning signs for the Obama team. Historical polling results show that the candidate who's up three weeks before Election Day has typically gone on to win -- though past polls were conducted of registered voters, not likely voters, which is now considered more reliable. The only candidate in modern times who came from behind three weeks before the election to win was Ronald Reagan in 1980.

The RealClearPolitics average of polls has the 2012 race much closer, with Romney's lead at less than half a point. In some of the key battlegrounds, Romney has also either drawn closer to Obama or surpassed him. The RCP average of polls in Ohio shows Obama up by a little over 2 points, with the average in Florida showing Romney up by the same margin.

Though the president pulled off a notably more assertive performance at Tuesday's debate in New York, Romney said Wednesday in Virginia he loves squaring off with the president.
"Now I have to be honest with you, I love these debates. These things are great," Romney said. "I think it's interesting that the president still doesn't have an agenda for a second term. Don't you think that it's time for him to finally put together a vision of what he'd do in the next four years if he were elected? I mean he's got to come up with that over this weekend because there's only one debate left on Monday."

But Obama says he does have a plan to make the country better by 2016 -- it just involves a different approach than Romney's.
"We cannot grow this economy from the top down. We grow it from the middle out," Obama said Wednesday.

Obama's post-debate message, though, has focused largely on Romney. The attacks he road-tested at Tuesday's debate resurfaced on the stump Wednesday -- including a line about how Romney's "five-point" economic plan is really just a "one-point plan ... (that) says folks at the very top play by their own set of rules."

With just 19 days to go, the candidates are fanned out in swing states across the country. Obama will be in New Hampshire Thursday morning for a campaign stop -- before taping an appearance on the Daily Show. Both candidates will speak Thursday night in New York at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner.
Paul Ryan, meanwhile, will be in Florida for rallies while Vice President Biden is campaigning Thursday afternoon in Las Vegas.
Fox News' Peter Doocy contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/18/romney-opens-up-6-point-lead-over-obama-as-campaigns-hunker-down-in-swing/#ixzz29ekJb1pw
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Hairy Chest

Re: Latest natl gallup poll shows Romney ahead by 6 pts.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 03:39:27 AM »
Lemmings all voted for Reagan also.  They liked to wave their flags, but didn't know they were made in China.  Reagan was also the era of Wall Street takeovers and buyouts.  Free trade espoused by Republicans were opposed by Democrats who wanted to protect American jobs, but the 47% lost their livelihoods to China, while business (profits) boomed.  The U.S. became a debtor nation under Reagan and never recovered.  Hard to imagine Republicans today still running on the same domestic platform.  Trickle-down Oligarch economics.  :P
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Cuts Crooked

Re: Latest natl gallup poll shows Romney ahead by 6 pts.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »
Heard on the radio this PM that he's up by 7 points now.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME