Author Topic: Burris III red dot on Rem. 7600 carbine  (Read 519 times)

Offline dantana

• Trade Count: (0)
    • LAR Grizzly 45 Winchester Magnum
Burris III red dot on Rem. 7600 carbine
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:53:58 PM »
Here in the middle of bear/deer season in mtns. of NC and seeing first hand the closeness of shots I have removed my 1.5x6x40 30mm scope off my Remington 7600 carbine in 35 remington.  I can not get my head down enough to see the iron sights well enough.  I am considering a Burris III red dot scope.  Can you get target aquisition fast enough with this type scope/sight?  The majority of shots at our bears is from 3 yards to 25 yards.  I have old man eyes.

DanTana
TarHeel State
http://www.GrizzlyWinMag.com

Offline LanceR

• Contributor
Re: Burris III red dot on Rem. 7600 carbine
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »
Nothing beats the speed of target acquisition in a reflex (AKA red dot) sight.  There's a good reason why many of the major armies in the world use them on their battle rifles.....

Good luck.

Lance

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
I don't know of a faster sight to use. Set the brightness setting high enough to do the job without getting it too bright.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline jaysouth

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »
Here is a photo of a Truglo mounted on a 7600Police in .308.  I have been using it for a couple of months and am VERY pleased at the results.  $77 at Amazon.  It is bigger than the Burris Fastfire III but also has a bigger "sight picture".  If I was a still hunter, this might be too big for heavy woods, but it suits my hunting great.