Author Topic: Letterman says Romney didn't pay taxes and is a felon. Letterman is a punk.  (Read 726 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Letterman suggests Romney didn't pay taxes, calls him a "felon"  Published October 07, 2012
FoxNews.com    Late night TV host David Letterman has suggested that Mitt Romney is a “felon” because he does not pay income tax, despite the Republican presidential nominee recently releasing IRS documents showing he paid nearly $2 million just in 2011.
Letterman, host of CBS’ “Late Show,” made the statement Friday night when telling the audience about a recent poll on what Americans would most like to see, reported first by the website NewsBusters.

Letterman said that 6 percent of Americans wanted to see Romney’s tax returns.
"Yeah, we want to get a look at those tax returns because I believe we will discover that the man has not paid a nickel in United States federal income tax," Letterman said. "That’s right, we have a felon running for president."

Letterman’s comment was similar to one made this summer by Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutters.
Cutter suggested in July that if Romney misrepresented on federal documents when he left his company Bain Capital, that would be a “felony.”

In July, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada), citing an anonymous source, accused Romney of not paying any taxes for 10 years. Reid has not revealed where he got his information.

Meanwhile, a letter from Price Waterhouse Coopers states that Romney paid an average of 20 percent in taxes every year from 1999 to 2009.
Click to read the Price Waterhouse letter.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/07/letterman-suggests-romney-felon-because-didnt-pay-taxes/#ixzz28fbXCRjm
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
more class warfare.  democrats are pitiful beings.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
It seems that a lot of the people drinking the kool-aide and clamoring for Romney to release his income tax returns for the last 10 years do not understand the difference between earned income and capitol gains tax. Many actually believe Warren Buffet's secretary pays more income taxes than Buffet. Are THEY going to scrutinize the piles of tax returns if they were released? Of course not, but they will believe whatever others tell them is in the returns. Letterman says Romney can't be elected without coming on his show. I sure hope he is  wrong.

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
 I always thought letterman to be a mere shadow of Carson, but when he got political during the Bush years I turned him off and tuned him out. I'd only hope Romney continues answering letterman with the best  reply of all, silence.  J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
[size=0px]"That’s right, we have a felon running for president."[/size]

Letterman is exactly correct, we do have a felon running for President. His name is Obama. Letterman is not allowed on any TV in this house. As far as this house is concerned, he's a communist and uses his show to promote his agenda. I could care less about his agenda.

Offline magooch

+ 1
Swingem

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
i doubt that letterman knows how to read a tax return...

Romneys tax returns are certainly more credible, and verifiable, than obamas birth certificate, college grade transcripts, senate attandence voting record.

what IS readily verifiable of obamas record are: golf rounds played, parties thrown and vactions taken...more than ANY president in history.

obama needs to be delegated to the dustbin of history NOW.
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Draxx

• GBO Supporter
 I want to see Obama's school transcripts..odd he won't release them.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
What I would like to see is Dave Lettermans Montana Ranch tax write offs? All these slob actors have ranches in the west they use for tax dodges. If you recall some years back Sam Donaldson CBS Lefty was caught taking wool subsides and he did not have sheep.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Problem is, sports stars, movie and tv stars get the publicity hype. Most are about as smart as a box of rocks, but because they're in the spotlight, makes news. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
[size=0px]"That’s right, we have a felon running for president."[/size]

Letterman is exactly correct, we do have a felon running for President. His name is Obama. Letterman is not allowed on any TV in this house. As far as this house is concerned, he's a communist and uses his show to promote his agenda. I could care less about his agenda.

True, Letterman is a punk and was a punk before Romney was in question. No doubt Romney pays far more taxes than that POS.

As far as Mitt not releasing his returns, he would be crazy to do that. All the Libbys would have to do is pull one item out per week, wrong or not & they could dominate the discussion on the media until election time. It would be retarted.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Why would anyone believe anything emanating from the tube?
Even the six o'clock local news is biased these day's.Not sure if Letterman is a punk or not, but if he is, he's a wealthy punk, and because people watch him on the tube ;) Only time I watch TV now, is an occasional football or boxing match, and they ain't what they use to be.

With the Internet I can get my news from independent sources. People who talk about both sides of the political spectrum without being prejudiced. And broadcast the news without commenting on their opinion of it.

What these two clowns paid or failed to pay in taxes is my least concern! That they are both out to destroy the country I grew up in....................................IS!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ultramag44

• Avid Poster
Why would anyone believe anything emanating from the tube?
Even the six o'clock local news is biased these day's.
The thing of it is, We KNOW the TRUTH about the biased main-stream media.  But far to many deep-throat the outright lies, spin, 1/2 truths, and non factual inuendo of the so-called newscaster talking heads.
How many will vote based on Lettermans' (Yes, Virginia, he IS a Punk) lies?  30 years ago he would have been pulled by the network for making such a libelous statement.  In 1969 Rowan & Martin were pulled for 8 weeks over a political statement that didn't name names  or make an actual acuseation.   
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right, I don't need to be forgiven, no, no, no (from the song ‘Baba O'Riley’ by The Who)

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
The magazines and news papers are laying off  and closing their doors. The Liberal idiots that work in these museums are confused. That evil profit motive they fought for years is dead.  And now their jobs are dead as with well.
Letterman  and the Liberal TV bimbos are running for their lives. The old tonight show concept died with my 13 inch Philco B&W TV.  These boring no talent losers like Letterman are the last of a long dead medicine show. Yea, he is rich and he will disappear into a home for senile old men. But this format will end thank heaven.

Offline justme

Who pays Lettermans' salary???

Offline Empty Quiver

So what is wrong with complying with the laws concerning taxes?

A simple show of hands people. Who here has looked at the taxes they pay and wrote out a check larger than that required? I have been known to round up to the nearest dollar. ( yes my hand went up  ;D ) If you throw in an additional 10 - 30 % God bless you my son, go get yourself a cookie and a glass of Kool Aide.

I have no desire to elect some D A who thinks that government is better able to spend money more wisely than I can.

Class envy is that what made America strong? I think not, what made America strong was the desire to put yourself into that upper class. The desire and the freedom to do so through hard work and the freedom from goverment oppression. How many millionaires were there in Soviet era Russia? How many now? How many poverty stricken individuals, then vs. now? I see very few news items about the Russian population taking to the streets demanding a return to Stalinist Russia.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**