Author Topic: Does H&R still sell stock sets?  (Read 606 times)

Offline grumpyErik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Does H&R still sell stock sets?
« on: October 26, 2012, 04:09:10 PM »
I bought a Remington made H&R Pardner single shot 12 gauge that has the most butt ugly wood I have ever seen on a gun. The problem is I really like the gun except for the wood; I thought I would try to put Deluxe Classic wood on the beast to dress it up.

I mean, I am not picky, after all I rather like the wood on my New England Arms 10 Gauge that was made circa 1995. It is stained darker and has a much nicer finish even though it too is pallet wood. I suppose I could try to refinish the 12 gauge myself and save some money, have any of you tried to refinish one? If so could you post some before and after photos.

All the Best,

Erik
Click once, cuss repeatedly.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Does H&R still sell stock sets?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »
The answer is yes, you have to get in touch with H&R for a price, and availability.  Most guys usually get their stock sets thru the classifieds.  Mechanic had a really nice Huntsman (old style) stock for  sale, but naturally it's already sold.  Look thru the classifieds, you might find one that you want.  Good hunting. ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,97911.msg1098249435.html#msg1098249435

If you go thru this post you will find a bunch of redone stocks.
Boyds stocks and gunstock inc both sell wood stocks.

Lonny

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 04:58:13 AM »
Better hurry on the TDC wood, it was discontinued this year, existing stock will be all that's available, part numbers and prices are on the retail parts page in the FAQs sticky.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain