Author Topic: RT presents third-party presidential debate  (Read 618 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
RT presents third-party presidential debate
« on: October 20, 2012, 08:23:31 AM »
When the dust settles after next week’s third and final debate between US President Barack Obama and challenger Mitt Romney, Americans will be left to choose between just two men to run the country. Unless, of course, they turn to RT.

In response to widespread blackout from both the mainstream media and political establishment alike, RT is honored to be presenting a platform for the major third-party candidates also vying for the White House this election year to debate. The event will be moderated by multi-award winning broadcast journalist Larry King and will be broadcast live from Chicago, Illinois on October 23. RT America and RT.com will offer the event live in cooperation with the debate’s organizers, the Free and Equal Elections Foundation.

“The previous debates between President Obama and Governor Romney have failed to address the issues that really concern everyday Americans. From foreign policy, to the economy, to taboo subjects like our diminishing civil liberties and the drug war, Americans deserve a real debate, real solutions and real electoral options,” Free & Equal Founder Christina Tobin tells the press.

source: http://rt.com/usa/news/third-party-debate-rt-745/

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
Re: RT presents third-party presidential debate
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
― Albert Einstein

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »
just watched on cspan. Too bad that some or all of these people and questions were not included in the major candidates debate. Would have livened up a bit. ;)
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 02:28:51 AM »
Having never heard of RT, I googled it and found a russian news agency.

I can see them pushing a 3rd party to pull votes away from Romney because obama and putin apparently have some plans for a 2nd obama term.  remember the whisper??

I don't think I'll turn to russia for my news...
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 04:16:04 AM »
Having never heard of RT, I googled it and found a russian news agency.

I can see them pushing a 3rd party to pull votes away from Romney because obama and putin apparently have some plans for a 2nd obama term.  remember the whisper??

I don't think I'll turn to russia for my news...

BUGEYE. Thanks, never heard of rt either. And yes, putin is backing hussein. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 04:37:01 AM »
If you want to talk about the third party debates, including whoever hosts them, please do so.  If you want to drag another thread down with the same old baiting and insulting, please go elsewhere.  Matt posted this for those who may be interested, not for those with nothing better to do that start round 253 of the pissing into the wind contest.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 06:03:53 AM »
+ 1 with Duk! If your purpose is to flame this topic, expect your posts to be deleted.
In my opinion a good debate between people who really put this country first.
From the answers given, I personally think the Constitution and Libertarian candidates gave the best answers to the problems facing our country and the answers to them.Especially concerning education.(Nothing is FREE). I would have liked to see the Second Amendment discussed.I think you would have seen a big difference in the candidates on this issue. Especially the Green party candidate.
Thanks for the link Matt!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 03:02:41 PM »
It doesn't matter who hosts the 3rd party candidates, they need to be heard. It's our only real "hope" for "change". It's sad that our mainstream media blocks them out.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
It doesn't matter who hosts the 3rd party candidates, they need to be heard. It's our only real "hope" for "change". It's sad that our mainstream media blocks them out.

Green Party lady was OK.  She spoke clearly and intelligently.  She's neo-lib, i.e. "No war for oil."  That means she has the right idea about bringing the troops home.  Where's she's screwed up is on domestic policy. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 05:15:18 PM »
I appreciate the effort and think they have some validity,  I just hate to think of what level this country will have to deteriorate to for these candidates and parties to gain real traction. At times it seems we're not too far from that happening. I think they will always have a challenge in appealing to the masses, partly because many of them feel the need to tell the truth and not play to the crowd.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
So why can't all 3rd party candidates participate?  Is there something holding them back?  Are those who put it together purposely ignoring the other voices?  These are serious questions for 3rd party types.  They cry foul when someone polling at 1-2% is not included on the big stage yet discriminate in their own debates.  Say it ain't so!  ;)

I do think it's good to have them there though.  Share your voices.  I do think it's a little hypocritical in not allowing every 3rd party candidate a chance in the debate.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 01:46:57 AM »
Gary Johnson would be a far better choice for president than either of the DemoPublican candidates foisted upon us.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 04:42:36 AM »
Gary Johnson would be a far better choice for president than either of the DemoPublican candidates foisted upon us.

Gary Johnson wants to make it easier for immigrants to come here.  It should be just the opposite.  We should make it easier for them to leave.  Give them incentives.  We  don't want to look like China or India or Mexico. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 06:24:17 AM »

Gary Johnson wants to make it easier for immigrants to come here.  It should be just the opposite.  We should make it easier for them to leave.  Give them incentives.  We  don't want to look like China or India or Mexico.

Your talking about his idea of making it easier to obtain work visas! Personally, I'm more for stopping (ALL) immigration. Both Legal and illegal.
Immigration played a big part in the birth of our nation but things are not the same, and we don't need it period.
If Illegal immigration is a big concern to you, then put the blame on the Democrats and Republicans.They are the ones (BOTH) who have allowed these Illegals to invade us. Not Libertarians!They have controlled the House, Senate and Presidency. Not third party people.
The American people should be appalled and screaming for a fair and balanced playing field in politics. Instead most fall for the rulers mock elections and feel good for voting for one of the chosen ones. :'( Most of us, who now vote for a third party candidate are former Republicans and Democrats who finally opened our eyes and began thinking for ourselves.For years I voted a straight Republican  ticket, and thought I was doing my part for my country. The joke was on me!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 07:15:45 AM »
when a democrat wins because of a 3rd party candidate, then they think that it's a mandate from the people to destroy even more of the country.

3rd party folks need to concentrate on local races.  it might take another 50 years until before a 3rd party is viable in the prez election, but it could happen if they learn to eat the apple one-bite-at-a-time.
throwing an apple in the fruitbowl when the majority wants oranges, doesn't help.

but slice that apple and put it next to the fruitbowl and folks will sample it and maybe like it.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 07:24:21 AM »
when a democrat wins because of a 3rd party candidate, then they think that it's a mandate from the people to destroy even more of the country.

3rd party folks need to concentrate on local races.  it might take another 50 years until before a 3rd party is viable in the prez election, but it could happen if they learn to eat the apple one-bite-at-a-time.
throwing an apple in the fruitbowl when the majority wants oranges, doesn't help.

but slice that apple and put it next to the fruitbowl and folks will sample it and maybe like it.
And this relates to the debates how, exactly?

Please, we get your opinions on voting third party.  This topic isn't about that.  It's about the debates, or perhaps the candidates themselves.  People would like to be able to talk about that without the usual Lesser of Two Evils mudslinging. 

I created a sticky with 20+ pages for you to voice your objection to voting third party (and for others to voice their support), please go there if you need to re-voice your thoughts on the subject.  Leave this to the topic it was started as, and that topic IS NOT the viability or voting rational for chosing the third party.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 07:37:59 AM »

And this relates to the debates how, exactly?

Please, we get your opinions on voting third party.  This topic isn't about that.  It's about the debates, or perhaps the candidates themselves.  People would like to be able to talk about that without the usual Lesser of Two Evils mudslinging. 

I created a sticky with 20+ pages for you to voice your objection to voting third party (and for others to voice their support), please go there if you need to re-voice your thoughts on the subject.  Leave this to the topic it was started as, and that topic IS NOT the viability or voting rational for chosing the third party.
I am currently researching a 3rd party (constitution party)  I had a thought that just might help 3rd party followers.  the attitude of 3rd partiers "get on board 100% or get out" only makes them look like sore losers.   do the 3rd party candidates NOT want input from other people.
to grow a crop, you fertilize.  or you can just keep planting without it until finally the ground will no longer produce.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 07:40:46 AM »
I believe third party candidates are good for the full airing of issues. Third party candidates can only build their base blocks by welcoming a few splinter groups who are obviously a bit "off the wall" (IMO).  For example, one splinter seems to be the illicit drug users..by catering to their habits/desires, third party candidates can add to their meagre numbers.
  As far as RT (Russian Television) goes, my first reaction is; "Why is Russia airing debates between OUR candidates?  What is their motive?"
  I guess I recognize their motives and refuse to recognize anything on Russian news services.  Too well, I remember the great "Glory" days of PRAVDA and ISVESTIA..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »

Your talking about his idea of making it easier to obtain work visas! Personally, I'm more for stopping (ALL) immigration. Both Legal and illegal.
Immigration played a big part in the birth of our nation but things are not the same, and we don't need it period.
If Illegal immigration is a big concern to you, then put the blame on the Democrats and Republicans.They are the ones (BOTH) who have allowed these Illegals to invade us. Not Libertarians!They have controlled the House, Senate and Presidency. Not third party people.
The American people should be appalled and screaming for a fair and balanced playing field in politics. Instead most fall for the rulers mock elections and feel good for voting for one of the chosen ones. :'( Most of us, who now vote for a third party candidate are former Republicans and Democrats who finally opened our eyes and began thinking for ourselves.For years I voted a straight Republican  ticket, and thought I was doing my part for my country. The joke was on me!

With so much disillusionment the thought is a 3rd Party candidate would be able to make a viable run.  Unfortunately, the Democrips, the Rebloodlicans and the mass media have too much staying power.  So the next best thing is to vote for the candidate who is best on the issues.  I pick Obama on foreign policy and some domestic policy.  It's not even close for me.  But for the long run, the topic of immigration definitely needs to be addressed.  It was the 1965 Act that hung us.  Now we need to demand a reversal, an emigration policy. 

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 08:40:33 AM »
First I will address misplaced distrust in RT. RT has been around for years and has broke more stories that matter to Americans than all the MSM outlets put together recently. Also just so you know RT-America has studios in NY, DC, LA and a few other big cities. So why should people watch RT? Because they tell the whole story more often than not. They are not loyal to the current administration like the MSM outlets and they benefit more by telling it like it is than they ever could by lying.

RT gives a platform to those who MSM shun and try to silence. Now I understand that there are many members here who have their heads stuck so far into the sand that it really does not matter what I say or what the truth is they will continue to see things the way they see them now. To those I say oh well... your loss. To all those who are waking and see the big picture and seeing the world as it really is I can only say that you are not alone and that our numbers are growing and soon we will be the majority... very soon.

For the RT haters, why don't you research RT and see how much they have helped in waking people up.

Now on 3rd parties. Do I think a 3rd party could win?  Of course not, the game is rigged, the fix is in. The status quo will continue unaffected by this or any other election that we (American Voters) allow them (those in power now) to control as they have done and will continue to do.

Obama - Romney, Bush - Kerry, Bush - Gore and on and on. Makes no difference who wins when both running work for the same group. Yeah Yeah I know Obama is a baby killer and Romney is not... Blah Blah Blah... When are folks going to wake up and understand that THESE ARE NOT THE IMPORTANT ISSUES you have just been programed to think they are.
Important Issues:
OUR ECONOMY IS COLLAPSING IN ON ITSELF ( BY DESIGN )
OUR GOVT IS ALLOWING BIG CORPS TO POISON US AND KILL OUR CHILDREN
OUR RIGHTS AS HUMANS AND AS AMERICANS ARE BEING TAKEN FROM US.
OUR 1ST, 2ND, 4TH, 6TH, 8TH AND OTHER CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED EVERY DAY.
  • Assassination of U.S. citizens
  • Indefinite detention
  • Arbitrary justice
  • Warrantless searches
  • Secret evidence
  • War crimes
  • Secret court
  • Immunity from judicial review
  • Continual monitoring of citizens
  • Extraordinary renditions

Now as to the things many here think are important issues.
Abortion- Who's affected? ( Woman pregnant , Fetus, Sperm donor ) Who's not affected? Me, you unless you are one of the 3 mentioned earlier.  Who has to answer for these actions? Not me, not you unless you are the woman mentioned earlier. So why is it an issue that the masses need to worry over? Its not its just a issues that will strike hard at so many who feel that it is wrong. But what is right or wrong for one may not be for another.

We can not legislate morality, it has never worked and it never will. It has to be taught at an early age and those learning must respect those teaching or it will never take.

So continue to expect grand results from your chosen side if you want but you will never get them.

Matt

― Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 08:57:14 AM »
  “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
  ― Edmund Burke

this is the reason I fight for the unborn.  that and my soul.

the constitution party is far-and-away better that libertarian.

Matts words
 Yeah Yeah I know Obama is a baby killer and Romney is not... Blah Blah Blah... When are folks going to wake up and understand that THESE ARE NOT THE IMPORTANT ISSUES you have just been programed to think they are.

we are here just a few years,  after that, baby killing may take on more importance.  you may be in charge of your life here,  but what about THEN...
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
  “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
  ― Edmund Burke

this is the reason I fight for the unborn.  that and my soul.

And because of my spiritual beliefs I fret not over which container one is given at birth nor do I worry that someone else does not want to carry that container around for nine months. With the number of births in the world everyday those souls who had the container they were going to inhabit destroyed can always find another.

You say life begins at conception but can offer 0 evidence to such, I say it starts at birth and can offer 0 evidence to such and others say it does not start for weeks after birth... again no evidence. But I do hold a strong belief that this old world is not the end so I worry not about such things as I feel I know that the soul of an aborted child will get another chance and it will most likely be a better chance.

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »
Now back to topic OR START A NEW ONE!

Matt