Author Topic: Topper Deluxe Classic 12 ga Barrel  (Read 770 times)

Offline Missing Michigan

• Trade Count: (0)
Topper Deluxe Classic 12 ga Barrel
« on: October 21, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »
I read some posts saying 12ga Topper Deluxe Vent Rib barrels weren't available from H&R any longer.  I just wanted folks to know that I just got my SB2 frame back with the barrels from Remington last Friday after they had it for about a week.

My new Grouse gun. :)

http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/s388/MissingMichigan/

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Topper Deluxe Classic 12 ga Barrel
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 06:35:09 PM »
Topper shotguns were discontinued by H&R, but Ilion may still have accessory barrels.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »
i got a 12 guage h&r shot gun full chock ? can you shoot rifled slug rounds out of this rifle i have never shot slugs. :o

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 07:29:17 AM »

The Foster slugs should go thru it just fine.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 09:20:04 AM »
Interesting choke tube.  Is that what came from the factory?  Mine just screws inside the barrel, nothing sticks out, but then again it's a 20 ga.  It unscrews with a quarter, no tools needed.

-Kees-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline Missing Michigan

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »
The extended choke tube is a Polychoke II.  If you don't know about polychokes, they have been around for probably 40 years or so.  Normally they are permanently attached, but a while back they came out with the II's, which is the polychoke with a section that is as long as and threaded like a traditional tube.  It just screws into the barrel, like I had on the Topper Deluxe Barrel.

The polychoke is a choke that allows you to twist a collar (without tools) and open or close the choke from about 2 constrictions more open than cylinder choke through x-full.  It has 9 settings in between.  I love them and have been using them for years.  I always have the right choke with me, and it takes about 5 seconds to adjust it.

I bought mine from Cabelas, but you can also get it from Poly-Choke.com.  They also install the permanent ones if you want.