Author Topic: Why vote for Obama?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Re: Why vote for Obama?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 05:56:42 AM »
It is interesting that from the previous posts you pick out RACE to argue about, I guess you feel the rest is true.
Well, that's what got presented.
white turkey on thanksgiving

Listen - I detest it when folks use bogus accusations of racism! racism! racism! to shut down discussion, or put stink on somethink unrelated, or make some things off-limits. But let's be honest - a lot of the opposition to Obama gets phrased in racial terms, and has clear racial motivation. Before you get your panties in a wad, that don't mean someone can't oppose the man without being labeled a Klukker... it just means that a lot of conservatives out there have got some racial anger and hangups with seem to be a big chunk of their motivation.

But when you see posts talking about halfrican, and his wife as Negress... you gotta wonder. Mebbe they just think themselves clevah?
The problem with Obama is that even though he is a halfbreed he continues to draw on his Black heritage to get votes which is racist. He also is such a poor example of a Black man that he appeals to the lowest common denominator. Hence a lot of people who previously rarely used the N word now feel it is very appropriate to label Obama with it. Then we have those so stuck in the Party line politics that they would vote for Attilla the Hun if he ran for president as a Democrat. Republicans and Libertarians are a bit more open minded and willing to vote for the better choice.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: Why vote for Obama?
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 07:39:41 AM »

But when you see posts talking about halfrican, and his wife as Negress... you gotta wonder. Mebbe they just think themselves clevah?
The problem with Obama is that even though he is a halfbreed he continues to draw on his Black heritage to get votes which is racist.
Racist? That's silly.

Hence a lot of people who previously rarely used the N word now feel it is very appropriate to label Obama with it.
perhaps they appreciate that they can call him a N-----, and feel justified in doing so instead of ashamed of theyselves?
Then we have those so stuck in the Party line politics that they would vote for Attilla the Hun if he ran for president as a Democrat.
True; we got religious voters voting for the Mormon, instead of the Christian, because the Mormon is a Repub (and they pretend the Dem is a - GASP! - Mooslim)
Republicans and Libertarians are a bit more open minded and willing to vote for the better choice.
Guilty - I'm votin' Johnson!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.