Author Topic: fitting different barrels onto a receiver?  (Read 518 times)

Offline idek

• Trade Count: (0)
fitting different barrels onto a receiver?
« on: November 10, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »
From what I've seen here, I get the impression that people have bought barrels from one another. If so, how do you get them to fit your existing receiver. I have an NEF Pardner single shot and an H&R Topper (from about 2006 and 2008), and their barrels are a long way from being interchangeable.

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: fitting different barrels onto a receiver?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:44:32 AM »
Sometimes a different barrel will fit a frame (receiver) and sometimes not.  The FAQ's have a thread on fitting those barrels that don't fit.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: fitting different barrels onto a receiver?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 04:50:16 AM »
That's why most of us Handiholics have more than a few receivers.  If a particular barrel won't fit one receiver, it might fit another.  That's the easy way, the other options are as jpshaw pointed out, fit it yourself, or lastly (the most expensive way) send the barrel back to the factory with the receiver, and have them fit it.

I personally have never had to "fit" a barrel, since I have more than "one"  ::) receiver, I just try the barrel on the various receivers, and usually more than one will accept the barrel.  Then it's just a matter of which barrel fits which receiver best.

Just understand that high pressure rifle barrels DO NOT go onto shotgun (SB1) receivers, they need to be fitted to rifle (SB2) receivers.  Read the FAQ's, and you'll soon get a decent understanding of how to do the fitting.  It's not really hard, I just never had the need to do so.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.