Author Topic: Hussein won. NOW he's FOR the UN arms treaty, surprise surprise.  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Squib

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G- S- T- and I ain't got time to bleed!
Re: Hussein won. NOW he's FOR the UN arms treaty, surprise surprise.
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 07:06:56 AM »
my point is that to those people they're all sniper rifles or assault rifles, despite the circumstances.  such as a random civilian getting a .50bmg, being a "potential sniper".  he'd need a lot more than the rifle, but sure go after him for having the gun. 

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hussein won. NOW he's FOR the UN arms treaty, surprise surprise.
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »
my point is that to those people they're all sniper rifles or assault rifles, despite the circumstances.  such as a random civilian getting a .50bmg, being a "potential sniper".  he'd need a lot more than the rifle, but sure go after him for having the gun.

I didn't get that from your post. You souded like you were carefully defining what you believed the definition of sniper is.....and were excluding "Joe Average" from that definition.

That's why I recommended you read "Enemy at the Gates". You would learn that in WWll a sniper did his work without a "team" per se. No reason that cannot be the case in todays world too.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME