Author Topic: How Did I Do Guys ?  (Read 661 times)

Offline stevinator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
How Did I Do Guys ?
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:03:33 PM »
Went to the gun show today and have been looking at getting a 9mm of some sort.I have had plenty of pistols and still do, just never had a 9mm around.I picked up a cz 75 pre b designation from a private guy with 2 mags and a nice case for 360.00, the gun looks about new but not sure how old it is.I have researched these some and a local dealer was selling the b's new for 499 + tax so I figured I couldn't get hurt too bad.

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: How Did I Do Guys ?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »
I measure the deal with how happy I am with it or the new acquisition.  If I were wanting a CZ I would be satisfied with that deal.
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 09:24:58 AM »
Sounds like a good deal.  Take it out and sandbag it.  Fire a group and 25 yards and you'll know how "new" it is or is not.  Like you, I only recently got into 9mm's.  Now I can't get enough.  I always thought they were inferior to other rounds, but I couldn't have been more wrong.  I've done a lot of backyard testing with lots of pistols.  When one thinks of gun size, capacity, accuracy, cost of ammo, and downrange authority, it's tough to beat a quality 9mm.  Also, I always like to test pistols and cartridges at extended ranges, just to see how far it might be effective.  I've found that 100 yards hits with a mid-weight 9mm bullet is easy.  I expect the energy at that distance has fallen off a lot, but it's still possible to engage targets that far away with good success.  I think it's a shame thay I had to get old before I understood what I was missing. 

Offline stevinator

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »
Well took the pistol to the range today and shot 4 brands of 9mm through it.My shooting partner is a big glock guy with various calibers and was with me when I bought this gun.I have to say I like this loads better than the glock I had but that's just me,I don't like the grip that well or the trigger setup but alot of folks do.We both shot this gun and thought it made us look like pistoleros and we have shot alot of handguns over the years.These guns are accurate like they say,we went ahead and shot several targets at 25 yds from the bench and were impressed.He told me I better hang on to this one after he saw how it shot LOL