Author Topic: USH MisFires Help  (Read 280 times)

Offline Isaac_62

• Trade Count: (0)
USH MisFires Help
« on: November 12, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »
Guys,
First off what great site this is.  Which i had found it long ago.  I have used the search button several times here to be sure i wasnt reposting a question that has already been answered.  I did try the pulling the trigger all the way to the back trick, which worked beeter but i still had a misfire.  The ammo is Remington Copper solid 3". Each misfire had a slight dent in the primer.  Is there a fix that i can do to correct this random problem? Replace a spring, a transfer bar, remove material from a given location which will increase the protrusion of the firing pin into the primer?  How well does the CS from HR handle this issue? Does anyone have and experience with them fixing this issue.  This gun was new in aprox 2005.  Thank you all for your help and any info you can provide. 
Best Regards,
Isaac

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: USH MisFires Help
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »
Welcome! Lots of info in the FAQs on misfires and failure to fire(FTF), usual home fix is to replace the hammer spring with a Wolff extra power spring and/or replace the transfer bar, all info is in the FAQs. H&R will take care of it too if you don't want to mess with it, Ilion repair does a fine job, follow the instructions on the H&R website.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/support/repairs.asp

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain