Author Topic: Shot the 357 max today  (Read 375 times)

Offline tcoggins

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Avid Poster
Shot the 357 max today
« on: November 18, 2012, 12:46:35 PM »
Finally got my max put together.  Bought the barrel here in September from Eskimo36, and picked up a .223 Handi (with a mannlicher stock)at a gun show a couple weeks ago.  Put the max barrel on the new receiver, and it locked up perfectly (first time for that).  Had a Sightron scope sitting around waiting for a new home, so that got mounted.

Took it to the range today, and at 50 yards, I have bullet holes touching with the 38 sp loads.  Little bigger groups with 357 magnum loads.  I only had a few 357 max loads, so I don't really know how they will group, but it really shows promise. 

This is the first rifle my wife has ever shot that actually put a smile on her face.  I also had to remind my son that, no matter how well he shoots it, it is still my rifle.

Here's a photo of it.

Now to get some components and load up some max rounds.

Tim

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Shot the 357 max today
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »
Looks good!

I had my LWT maxi setup like yours for a while too!!

Enjoy it!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
Re: Shot the 357 max today
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »
I like the straight stock, does it line up OK with scope? I bet the mags will tighten up with the right load ;)

I turned my laptop upside down and I bet that is a fast handling rifle, I like it 8)