Author Topic: Carville on Carville  (Read 577 times)

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Carville on Carville
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »
 From the inbox:

The words are straight from James Carville's mouth. Verified by one of the leading Democrat operatives.

"Ideologies aren't all that important. What's important is psychology.
The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That's why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.
Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don't have a clue as to political reality.
What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.
The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans.
Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you're smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That's why I'm a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to."

Is this you??

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: Carville on Carville
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »
Carville on Carville

james carville said that? Hmmm... I'd not heard it. Can you provide a source other than 'inbox', since we all know that can  mean anything.

got one?? I'm guessing... No. How about post the email (with address of originator) so we can track it down?

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Bob Riebe

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:44:53 PM »
The statement is true whats so unbelievable that someone said it.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 01:08:38 AM »
From the inbox:

The words are straight from James Carville's mouth. Verified by one of the leading Democrat operatives.

"Ideologies aren't all that important. What's important is psychology.
The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That's why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.
Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don't have a clue as to political reality.
What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.
The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans.
Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you're smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That's why I'm a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to."

Is this you??

This analogy though written by a "Democrat", is also a very "accurate description" of a REPUBLICAN, and the last several decades of candidates and Republican presidents pretty much prove it. There is a "feed truck" loaded with already digested feed for both parties. McCain and Romney are the two most recent examples of "feed truck drivers".

Is this you??
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 01:16:33 AM »
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 01:29:35 AM »
LMAO! Barbara & David P. Mikkelson the owners of "snopes" are about as reliable as a Chevy Corvair. Both are "flaming liberals", and have defended such folks as Obama, when Obama was easily available as making remarks as simply watching "youtube". ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 02:13:00 AM »
Fact has no bias.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 02:25:51 AM »
 Well.. Looks like the libs now have a chance to realize what the rest of us already knew..  Will it help? Nope. they like their sileage to much.
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 05:28:14 AM »
Fact has no bias.
Snopes has no fact, if they did the word "probably" would not be used.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 07:47:03 AM »
However, without an attributable source, the Carville quote is nothing more than made up.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 08:04:09 AM »
dee  is correct
REPUBLICANS   are  almost as bad

i will blindly vote  for who ever has a chance to beat a democrat
maybe things will change  but for now  that would be a republican
wishing it weren't that way  won't change it

i do  hoe to sent this to some  democrats  i know

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 08:08:10 AM »
dee  is correct
REPUBLICANS   are  almost as bad

i will blindly vote  for who ever has a chance to beat a democrat
maybe things will change  but for now  that would be a republican
wishing it weren't that way  won't change it

i do  hoe to sent this to some  democrats  i know

Might want to work on that "blind" part. Just sayin'.  ;D

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 08:19:18 AM »
ONE  PARTY  WANTS TO DIS ARM  ME
THE OTHER PARTY   ''CLAIMS'' TO PROTECT GUN RIGHTS

the  party that wants our  gun rights
is  winning

they are using the heard mentality to win
but  then  ..winning  is all that matters

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 11:56:11 AM »
However, without an attributable source, the Carville quote is nothing more than made up.
Without proof it was not said, especially by Carville saying so, to deny it is the wishful thinking equivalent of "I know I'm not, but what about you?"

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 01:02:13 PM »
"Mitt Romney says Obama is God, having given up his Mormon religion."

Prove he did not say that.