Author Topic: Centerpoint Scope..A plesant surprise  (Read 808 times)

Offline jim36

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • A Real Regular
Centerpoint Scope..A plesant surprise
« on: August 29, 2012, 10:09:31 AM »
About a month ago I purchased a Stevens 200 in 223.  My candy store owner handed me a Centerpoint scope that he had lying on the counter. (used) I purchased some rings mounts etc and he said try in out and mounted the scope. $30 rings scope mounted and bore sighted.  After 3 trips to the range with this scope, it is absolutely a fine product (as of now). It has the lighted reticle, something I had never used, but it certainly helps these old eyes. The Stevens is definitely a MOA shooter.  I was impressed with the scope so I found another on E Bay and ordered it. I mounted it on an TC Encore in 223 also. Today it performed flawless. It too is a MOA shooter. Both scopes are very clear and seem to hold zero. NO, I would have never set out to buy one of these scopes. But, I now have two of them.
I don't know how long they will last, but so far all is well.
                                                                               Jim...<")))><

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
Re: Centerpoint Scope..A plesant surprise
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »
I bought one several years ago. Excellent scope.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline HogFan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
While I have never owned a Center Point, a former guy at my old base always sung their praises.  I may have to try one out soon, as the Simmons I had on my .223 for less than a few months crapped out.

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »
Bought a center point 4-16 at Wal Mart about 4 years ago.  Was on way home from buying a sporterized military surplus rifle at a local gun show and it needed a scope.  Anyway, to me the optics in it are hardly anything to brag about, but its held zero and tracks OK on its windage/elevation.  Its my reserve scope, meaining, if I buy a new/used rifle that needs a scope, the Center Point goes on it so that I can shoot the riflle, while I leaisurly shop for another scope.  Guess its been on 10 or so different center fire rifles since I've bought it.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 04:55:14 AM »
I never heard of this brand. It is interesting to read about Simmons of which I have one. It has been the worst scope of my collection so far.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 08:16:15 AM »
  I have a couple centerpoint scopes, glass doesn't have leupold clarity..but they both adjust to and hold zero well. 
          BBF:  Centerpoint scopes are associated with Crosman air rifles ..Bloomfield, NY.  Perhaps the 2-way slam of springer air gns may account for centerpoint durability..     http://www.crosman.com/optics

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)