Author Topic: Dealing With Chronic Pain?  (Read 910 times)

Offline FPH

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dealing With Chronic Pain?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »
You ask 10 certified acupuncturist to place a needle to provide a specific outcome, and you will get 10 different needle placement locations.  I know of people who use acupuncture to treat very expensive horses.  In my experience, they see what they want and pay to see.  I know A&M was doing research with acupuncture and Equines when I was there in the 70s.  Acupuncture is being used  for illnesses never seen by the Chinese.  As I say......the power of the mind.  Iwouln't toss out Western Medicine just yet.

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 05:41:08 PM »
Well, you MIGHT get 10 different needle placements. What you have to understand is that there are hundreds of standard points on the body. Each point does several different things. How the needles are placed (angle, depth, manipulation, whether or not they are going to be heated, etc.) makes a difference in the effect. That means there can be many different combinations for a particular illness, according to the patient's needs and the practitioner's preferences. And, more often, you will see that those ten practitioners pick many of the same points. And, I never said not to use western medicine. I'm saying that Chinese medicine works very well for the illnesses that western medicine struggles with--- they make very good compliments for each other.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline FPH

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »
Whatever heals is fine with me.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 02:43:19 AM »
i  use accupuncture to control diabetes

the standard  point i puncture  is the remains  of my love handles

it  is working  as  my  A1c test were in the normal range........5.6 a few months back
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 07:35:34 AM »
How about the nerve stimulator they have available. They have a control box, plant the power source in your rump, and have several stimulator points they put in your back. Has anyone here tried these? It's been suggested to me by several different doctors but like everything else it seems to be a bit of a crap shoot.

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
Less invasive is usually better. I'd try a TENS unit first--- if the pain goes down, then you might want to have an implanted unit. One problem with pain control is nothing works for 100% of everyone. Even narcotics are ineffective for 15-20% of patients. Like Bruce Lee used to say, "Use whatever works."
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.