Author Topic: why did i just buy a 16GA topper??  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
Re: why did i just buy a 16GA topper??
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 04:17:12 PM »
Fur-Fish-Game magazine came in yesterday, and there is a nice article on why you should want a 16 gauge.  Nothing about NEFs, though.... :(

And I picked up some 16 gauge #6 and a box of Remmy Sluggers at the local sporting goods place.

-Kees-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 05:08:47 PM »
Do not have a 16 gauge in a H&R, but have one in a Win Model 37 and boy is it fast to the shoulder and sweet shooting! Federal #6 game loads is its favorite fodder!!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 03:40:16 AM »
The 16ga is and has been one of the finest performing guns ever. Personally I blame its demise om Wal-mart. Wally world saw that there were slightly more 12 & 20 ga guns in use and they decided to make mass buys of those 2 gauges. When the general public found the shells cheaper (or the guns) that is what they bought. It soon became a self-feeding cycle, people who were looking to buy a gun- cheap shells- get a 20 or 12. Just like light bulbs or clothes sizes.  Other big box stores are the same .Had nothing to do with performance.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.