Author Topic: hussein shuts down 100 year old farm, puts another 30 people out of work.  (Read 413 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
 Obama Shuts Down 100 Year Old Farm Because of Environment 12/03/12

From HotAir:

Hey, no bigs. It’s just a 100-year-old company and California’s only surviving cannery, a sustainable, family-owned operation employing 30 people.
The Drakes Bay Oyster Company has been in a seven-year fight with the federal government and environmental groups over whether it’s 40-year lease would be renewed this week. The Lunny family, which owns the oyster farm, was among a group of families that sold their ranch lands to the National Parks Service in the 1970s to protect them from developers, with the understanding they would get 40-year-leases renewed in perpetuity.

After buying and operating the oyster farm without incident— they were even featured as outstanding environmental stewards by the National Parks Service— the Lunnys learned in 2005 they were accused of bringing environmental damage to an area the NPS and environmentalists were anxious to designate as the nation’s first federally recognized marine wilderness.

Read more at http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20121203009-shuts-environment.html#6IAaGvCvUolWX378.99
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Apparently the EPA is the most powerful agency in DC.  they are dedicated to ruining entrepreneurism
in america.
oh! that sounds like communism....
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
 An arm of the EPA shut down my family farms dairy business, the farm was in family hands from 1854 till the present, direct lineage, oldest son inheriting for 8(or 9?) generations. Epa said the waste disposal system was inadaquate and the ground surrounding the property wasn't graded correctly. A complete tear down and rebuild would be required. Millions of dollars. Seems the county was REALLY interested in building a school there in the year preceeding the Epa's visit. We figure the county sent the agency out there to shut the dairy down. They did, the county bought the farm(300 acres +/-) and now ole uncle jim is/was a multimillionaire x 7. He immediately blew about a million bucks on toys(trucks, campers, boats etc), proving how much tax money can be generated and/or spent by the government all by shutting down a $150,000 a year business.
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
hussein shuts down 100 year old farm, puts another 30 people out of work.

That sure is mean of hussein... prob part of bring-Sharia-to-America plot, whatayathink?

Alluhu-ahbar!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline scootrd

Obama Shuts Down 100 Year Old Farm Because of Environment 12/03/12

From HotAir:
....... with the understanding they would get 40-year-leases renewed in perpetuity.

BS.
Lunny bought the oyster company in 2004, knowing the lease expired in 2012.
But his lawyers felt an extension could be negotiated, so he decided to take on the fight.

Welcome to the world of right wing journalistic spin.

Try researching from legitimate news sources to get straight facts like say , the Post or times or Forbes 
HotAIR as a legit news source  - you gotta be kidding me.

And just for the whole record -

Point Reyes National Seashore was added to the national parks system by Congress in 1962, and protects more than 80 miles of California coastline. The Interior secretary also has the power to lease the park’s lands for dairy and cattle-ranching purposes. Currently there are 15 beef and dairy ranches operating along the Point Reyes seashore. Those ranches will remain open under the decision Thursday.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
One of two things is true here:

1) The family did not actually get an agreement for 40 year leases to be extended in perpetuity or;
2) They got very bad legal advice years ago when they sold their ground to the Government.

What it specifically says is, "with the understanding they would get 40-year-leases renewed in perpetuity..."  But unfortunately it is possible to understand things wrong.  Some people "understand" why aliens do experiments on cattle.  We could spend all day on the conspiracy stuff TM7 "understands".  Just because you "understand" something doesn't mean you are right.  I feel for the family, but they should have done more to protect their rights.  NEVER trust the government to do the right thing on their own.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
One of two things is true here:

1) The family did not actually get an agreement for 40 year leases to be extended in perpetuity or;
2) They got very bad legal advice years ago when they sold their ground to the Government.

What it specifically says is, "with the understanding they would get 40-year-leases renewed in perpetuity..."  But unfortunately it is possible to understand things wrong.  Some people "understand" why aliens do experiments on cattle.  We could spend all day on the conspiracy stuff TM7 "understands".  Just because you "understand" something doesn't mean you are right.  I feel for the family, but they should have done more to protect their rights.  NEVER trust the government to do the right thing on their own.
Just take my name right out of your future post and quit acting like a jerk trying to capitalize by ridiculing me, again. Hell of a way for a mod to act. Seems to me you're the guy with a deficit of understanding, and a surplus of hubris. And to think an officer of the court, wouldn't or couldn't impartially weigh evidence and logic owing to prejudices, and then blindly criticizes those that do, when it comes to  studying what really happened_ _ is simply beyond the pale, and one major reason why this country is in dire straits.
..TM7
LOL.  What, and please be specific, is insulting about what I wrote?  You are a prolific poster in the conspiracy section, and I do not think it is a stretch to say that you, "understand" a great deal about that material. 

It was an example, not an insult... Now your reply might be a different question.  But, of course, it's off topic, so please send it to me by PM, and lets move on with the topic at hand here.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Just take my name right out of your future post and quit acting like a jerk trying to capitalize by ridiculing me, again. Hell of a way for a mod to act. Seems to me you're the guy with a deficit of understanding, and a surplus of hubris. And to think an officer of the court, wouldn't or couldn't impartially weigh evidence and logic owing to prejudices, and then blindly criticizes those that do, when it comes to  studying what really happened_ _ is simply beyond the pale, and one major reason why this country is in dire straits.
..TM7

on topic, lots of farms need to be shut down and confiscated for the future communes where government workers will live and raise root vegetables like in the USSR.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye