Author Topic: take a look at this  (Read 853 times)

Offline Jason F

• Trade Count: (261)
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline jeepmann1948

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (67)
  • San Angelo, Texas
Re: take a look at this
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 12:24:06 AM »
Now if the cops would take these guns and issue them to school employes after a through training program it would do some good toward stopping another senseless tragedy,
George
"it ain't what you shoot em with......................
  it's where you hit em "

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 12:58:50 AM »
It's wonderful that all the criminals in Camden turned in their guns.  That should be the end of crime there. ::)   I find it hard to believe that people can be so stupid.  If I lived in the worst crime city in NJ, I sure wouldn't be turning in my guns....I'd be buying them.

Yesterday, our wonderful Republican Michigan Governor vetoed a bill to allow concealed carry in schools and churches.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 01:20:11 AM »
Under one picture was this;  "It wasn't just criminals that turned in their gun but a few law abiding people did too."  That's the dumbest statement I have ever heard.  They really think that the criminals turned in guns.  Well if they could get $250 for a $15 gun they probably did.  Now if you had that $20 single shot .22 rifle that was not exactly what you needed to hold up a Convenience Store with you could sell it to the city for $250, slip across the state line and buy a gun more appropriate for the jobl  As stated previously, you can't fix stupid.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 01:29:28 AM »
It's wonderful that all the criminals in Camden turned in their guns.  That should be the end of crime there. ::)
LOL,  that's what liberals believe...
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline wtroger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 03:55:49 AM »
A few of my thoughs
1. I will give up my firearms when there is a 100 percent guarantee that another Sandy Hook cannot happen. They can't make that guarantee so I won't willingly give up my firearms.
2. What if this dude had walked in with 10 sticks of dynamite strapped to his body and set it off. Who would Obama be after then.
3. A liberal never lets a tragedy go unexploited. I'll bet Fienstein was dancing a jig when she heard the news.
4. The weapon of choice for the L.A. Gangs is a baseball bat.  Shouldn't they
be banned.
5. I also believe the extremely violent video games and movies of the day are contributing to this problem but they are protected by the first admendmant. But the current politico doesnt believe the second admendmant should protect our right to keep and bear arms.
6. I just donated to the NRA  I believe we had all better chip in a few bucks or some time and effort or we will be defense less.

Offline 8uck5nort

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • A Real Regular
  • Trying to improve myself one shot at a time.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 04:30:09 AM »
Ok. Well this is pure rubbish.
May I point out some things once you start think critically.
1. If I am not correct then please say so, but is not Camden, NJ a higher than normal crime area?
2. The cops announce a 250.00 "bounty" for each firearm turned in with no questions, right? This is spposed to encourage criminals and "law abiding citizens" to turn in your firearms so they will not be used in any crimes, right?
    a. The amount paid is probably more than most pawn shops will give for questionably sourced firearms.
    b. This probably raised the short term crime rate cause I can just hear this going through some punks mind. "Hey, da cops gonna pay us some ends for our stolen goods. Let's go steal some more!"
    c. The cops just allowed dishonest people aka "criminals" to fence stolen property. Way to go!
    d. Yet again a well intentioned, but totally rediculous notion of rewarding bad behaviour punishes the decent and law abiding citizen. Not to mention biliking them for their tax dollars to buy their stolen goods back only to have the police probably destroy them instead of return them to thier rightful owners. Where is their compenstation? When will these people learn?

Cartridges for My Entertainment: .22 S,L,LR, .223 Rem, 7x57, 30-06, 8x57, 357 mag/max, 35 Remington/Indiana, 35 Whelen, 44 mag, 445 SM mag. Adding the 6.5x55 swede!

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 05:03:31 AM »
I wonder if they fingerprint and test fire those guns? If none of these guns were ever used in a crime they weren't causing a problem "yet". Several looked like older military guns probably handed down to people or stolen, that didn't have a use for them. I think it's good they turned them in as they didn't need them and probably didn't know how to use them. Various reasoning and opinions on this. Remember about half of the people voted one way and half the other way in our last few of elections. So there is a great difference in the way people think.
I believe the mother bought the guns legally so if there would be more gun laws, would this have been prevented. I think most of the guns used in many of these recent shootings were legally purchased guns. We are having about 1-2 murders a day in my small town and a lot of robberies. Most all are in town. Odd to me that most of these school, theater, etc. shootings are committed by young white fairly intelligent people and or with mental problems. I understand the killings in the inner city, gangs, and drug related crimes. I wish they would tell if the guns were legally purchased in all of this crime here and what MORE gun laws would do to stop it. Soon we will only be allowed to own single shot Handis and then when one goes nuts Bidden will outlaw the cartridge sleeve on the butt stock.
Last night there was a 1/2 hr show on about the funerals, then a commercial about the Movie Zero Dark Thirty, then Obama's speech about fixing the problem, next commercial was for movie, I think it's called "Gangster" with Sean Penn shooting people with various guns ending with an old Thompson, I believe, spraying bullets at people. I'd think they wouldn't run those two commercials with the content of the show. Maybe they only care about making money. The lefty media/movie folks gave a little money to get him elected  so I wonder if they will stop the release of violent movies and video games that they are making so much money off of. Don't jump on me, I hope to see both movies ;D  I don't think the NRA gave for his re-election ;)
I wasn't going to comment on any of this and I hope it didn't offend anyone. It was a terrible thing with an awful permanent effect on many and I don't know the solution. My wife has taught 1st and 2nd grade for 40 years :'(

Offline ibgp3

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
  • Recovering after nearly 40 years of PTSD
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 06:32:31 AM »
... I'll bet Fienstein was dancing a jig when she heard the news.

If the media were unbiased then the gun-control people jumping up and down on the news from Newtown would get the criticism it deserves. Dancing on the graves of the children before the children are in them.

1. You can't tell a mother that she can't teach her troubled 20 year old son to shoot; unless you tell every parent that they can't teach their children to shoot.

2. You can't tell a single mother with no record that she can't have a self-defense weapon in her house; unless you don't allow anyone to have any self-defense weapons in their house.

Unless you do both, you haven't done anything to prevent what happened in Newtown.

Make the magazines illegal? 
.....Are we saying that this would be a good thing if it had taken longer?
.....Or maybe this would have been a good thing if only 10 children had been killed.

Outlaw black rifles?
.....Would anyone feel better about Newtown if the rifle had a wood stock?

No small loss of liberty will change the circumstances that produced Newtown.
.....So when the gun control people say "all we are going to outlaw is....."
.....what they are saying is "We aren't going to change what led to Newtown,
.....but we can't miss this chance to take advantage of your outrage."

Offline craigster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 09:36:53 AM »
Fools.