Author Topic: Papa Johns says obummercare will likely force cuts in employees hours.  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Hairy Chest

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Papa Johns says obummercare will likely force cuts in employees hours.
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 06:52:56 AM »
Pizza, beer and TV.  If you keep up that routine you're going to become a diabetic and need Obamacare. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 09:16:07 AM »
Pizza, beer and TV.  If you keep up that routine you're going to become a diabetic and need Obamacare.

obama  is a smoker

so  how can he claim to care about health

he ONLY  cares about  wealth redistribution
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 06:57:12 AM »
maybe papa john's should hang fire on the 2 million pizza give away  ;D
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline scootrd

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 09:55:21 AM »
Appears Mr. Franchisee Metz got slapped by corporate  -  I'm pretty sure Denny's probably has a clause in franchie contract -  Franchisee's "not allowed to bring negative impact to corp Brand.

>Denny’s chief executive John Miller privately reached out to Metz to express his “disappointment” with the Florida franchisee’s controversial statements about Obamacare, which sparked a wave of backlash for the national restaurant chain over the past few days.

“We recognize his right to speak on issues, but registered our disappointment that his comments have been interpreted as the company’s position,” Miller said in an email to The Huffington Post. Metz also released a statement following their conversation expressing remorse for his comments. “We regret that the statements we made may have been interpreted as representative of the Denny’s brand or of other franchisees, which they are not,” Metz said. “Our stores do not have a 5 percent surcharge.”
The backlash has spread to other Denny’s franchises as well. An owner of seven locations in Florida said that they nearly unplugged the phones after a deluge of angry callers to the restaurants.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »
TM7-
What then is the difference between Papa John corp and a Papa Johns FRANCHISE? If you read and comprehended what you read, you would have noticed he says that FRANCHISE owners will be forced to cut hours. As a public figure he spoke up for the little guys, the franchise owners and their employees, he still gets his franchise fee, regardless.  Papa john has no control over what the owners do as the franchise owners have no control over what promotions Papa John corp runs- I.E free pizzas. You all look at the CEO as evil incarnate for building a successful chain of pizza shops, why? Jealousy?

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 03:20:52 PM »
When we start relying on information from Pizza Magnates(maggots?) we are in big trouble anyway. I guarantee that if the Pizza places don't have enough employees to keep up with the demand for their pizzas, they will hire more workers....period.
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 09:57:24 AM »
When we start relying on information from Pizza Magnates(maggots?) we are in big trouble anyway. I guarantee that if the Pizza places don't have enough employees to keep up with the demand for their pizzas, they will hire more workers....period.

i wish  we had elected  ''godfather pizza'' manager/CEO

didn't he run for  prez???
[size=78%] [/size]
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 05:15:19 AM »

One great aspect of the free market – the actual free market and not what we have on Wall Street – is that customers have choices.

Despite Schnatter’s Huffington Post op-ed on November 20th claiming his words were twisted, Papa John’s has continued to experience one of its sharpest drops of the year, sending it well below  rival Pizza Hut. 

Diners reacted swiftly to anti-Obamacare comments by execs at three restaurant chains  Applebee's, Denny's and Papa John's.

"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline scootrd

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »
Appears Olive Garden and Red Lobster didn't learn from Papa Johns and Denny's.
So they had to learn the hard way.

After taking heat for suggesting it would cut restaurant workers’ hours to avoid having to give them health insurance under Obamacare, Darden restaurants announced a change of heart Thursday: It won’t switch anyone’s status to part time. The restaurant chain also said it will offer full-time employees — whether they’re hourly workers or executives — access to the same health plans.
After lowering the company’s earnings estimates earlier this week, Otis had said, “Our outlook for the year also reflects the potential impact, though difficult to measure, of recent negative media coverage that focused on Darden within the full-service segment and how we might accommodate health care reform.

Appears you try and screw the employees long enough and word gets around and sales drop. Glad to see all the negative feedback impacted their bottom line enough for them to step up and do the right thing (which they should have done from the start).

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 01:06:45 AM »
People are not eating out as much because of the election.  We aren't for sure, money spent eating out is used now for prepping.  The economy is in far worse shape than the left realises.  There are going to be massive layoffs next year.  Yesterday's unemployment is up another percent, above 8%.  In 1980's figuring, it is running about 12%.  Old school economics says over 10% for any length of time is a depression.  All of this is bogus, not as many are eating out, can't afford it.  Orders for Christmas goods were down 20% this year according to the Chinese.  Hmm. 

Offline scootrd

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 02:30:35 AM »
I dont know if the corp is blowin smoke or not , it is their words not mine , Corp stated their initial decision to cut hours and subsequent bad media press did in their 4th quarter. Not my words. Theirs.