Author Topic: Part Number for 10 gauge trigger.  (Read 340 times)

Offline sitdwnandhngon

• Trade Count: (0)
Part Number for 10 gauge trigger.
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:49:54 AM »
I went to Numrich to order a new trigger and hammer for a 10 gauge I picked up awhile ago. I don't know which one to get though, I was under the impression that they were all basically the same, the one I found for my rifle was easy.

Manufacture date is 1990 according to the FAQ and the barrel is stamped SB4 for I don't see any SB markings on the receiver.

Does anyone know which trigger and hammer to order, someone did a job on this one in the past and it is too light. I experienced my first light strike this morning when I pulled up on a rabbit, I need to get it fixed right directly.

Thanks for any help.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Part Number for 10 gauge trigger.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »
Frame is SB2 shotgun, but the internal components are the same as all other modern H&R single shots, just order the Pardner parts.  ;)

Tim

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/NewEnglandFirearms-33412/Pardner-SingleShot-37581.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline sitdwnandhngon

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 01:15:11 AM »
Thanks Tim

I thought as much, but I really didn't want to end up with an extra wide trigger or something weird that I wouldn't see coming.

Offline spooked

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 08:05:06 AM »
If yer gittin light strrikes , you might wanta git a wolf(sp)hammer spring..just sayin..
Lost between sunrise and sunset yesterday-one golden hour...never to be found or reclaimed:-(

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »
What spooked said, while you're in there replacing parts, might as well swap if out, see Wolff springs in the FAQs sticky, you need the single coil spring.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline sitdwnandhngon

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 11:02:48 AM »
I took it apart yesterday and noticed that the hammer and trigger had never been worked on. I gave everything a quick touch up with a whet stone and put it back together. Everything felt much better and the trigger was a lot more crisp.

I shot 25 rounds out of it today without a hitch. Seems to be working just fine.