Author Topic: Sportsmen's club rejects women Portage Pennsylvania  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Sheila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Sportsmen's club rejects women Portage Pennsylvania
« on: February 13, 2004, 04:39:46 AM »
The Jamestown Rod And Cun Club last night soundly rejected for active membership two women  who  had  applied. No female ever has been a active member  of the club.
   About  %75  percent  of the all active male active members who attended the meeting denied in a voice vote, applications by LuAnn Dividock 45, and Carol Pyo, 46 said Peter Onder, a 20 year club memeber.   Now that  is discrimination.  The sportsman club I am a memeber at  allows women.   If  I  were  them,  I would  get  Judge  Judy on their  case, she will throw the  Book at them.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
Sportsmen's club rejects women Portage
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 06:15:09 AM »
That was dumb of them,woman could be our best defence fighting  the anti/gun groups.We in  the N.R.A.are looking to increse membership  of  woman.And Judge Judy is anti/gun no help there.Judge Roy Bean thats the one who could fix this.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 06:34:15 AM »
You know what it REALLY is?  Their egos can't handle being outshot by a woman!  -- which does happen quite a bit from my experience with females on the range. But what do I know? I just go there to find dates anyway......(laughing)
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 06:47:58 AM »
OK I know is these times of being p/c private clubs are a no no but honestly I don't understand why.  If this club, and I'm only assuming, is private owned, on private property, and recieves no public funding, why shouldn't they be allowed to be exclusive?  If they're forced to allow anyone in it would be the same as a stranger walking in off the street and eating your food, watching your tv, and you couldn't do anything about it.

Before everyone gets bent out of shape you need to understand, I'm all for getting everyone involved reguardless of who or what they are. :wink:

Offline BamBams

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 07:01:58 AM »
As for me, I just want to go on record here as saying that while I think women at the shooting range should not even be an issue (unless they are there to shoot their husbands), I DO NOT ADVOCATE the government getting involved and shoving such "affirmative action" down the throats of gun clubs and range owners.

Ladies, if a range club rejects you, move to Colorado. We've got PLENTY of ranges that will bend over backwards just to have more female involvement.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 07:16:45 AM »
My point exactly BamBams!  We need no laws telling us what to do with what is already ours.

The ladies don't have to go al the way to Co.  Just stop by here.  If we can't find you a club we'll start one.

Imagine what those guys look like at their annual dance :eek:

Offline NYH1

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 07:32:58 AM »
Sheila, First let me say that there are "somethings" I don't think a women should do. Not because they can't, but for safety reasons. I don't think women should go into "combat". I'm not sure that a women prison guard is a good idea either. The woman prison guard that was taken hostage in Arizona was sexually assaulted, thats where I'm going with this. Just like Jessica Lynch. Its bad enough that kind of thing happens when your minding your own business in your home,work walking down the street, let alone putting yourself in a bad situation to begin with.

Now as far as being a police officer, teacher, doctor, a CEO of a large company, a shooting instructor, belonging to a "sportsmans club or just about anything else, I think that great. I take my wife bowling and she kicks the snot out of me. Oh well thats life. Theres thing she does better then me and theres thing I do better then her. Did I say that life! It doesn't bother me one bit. She doesn't shoot that much but if she ever shot better then me I guess that would be one more thing she would better then me. My friend's wife is a State Trooper and she'll out shoot most men I know hands down, she's the nicest lady you'll ever meet.

I totally respect anyone that disaree's with my opinion on this.
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 07:40:04 AM »
Quote from: Old Syko
If this club, and I'm only assuming, is private owned, on private property, and recieves no public funding, why shouldn't they be allowed to be exclusive?  
Dali Llama say that he concur. :-)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 08:19:33 AM »
New  York Hunter,  I don't  believe a woman should not be in combate either. They should not  be police officers, or firefighters. Those jobs are very dangerous,  those kind  of jobs are for men, because women don't  have the body strenght of a  man.  The  gunclub  I belong to  is privatley owned.  That  is where I took my  safety  course.
[

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2004, 08:23:27 AM »
Quote from: Sheila
The  gunclub  I belong to  is privatley owned.  
Do Sheila believe aforesaid private gun club should be FORCED to admit anybody who wish to join, ask Dali Llama? :?

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 08:25:43 AM »
Red Kneck, I didn't know she is anti-gun, and I watch her  everyday.  She tells people  they should take responsibilty for their own actions,  but she is anti-gun?
[

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 08:31:29 AM »
Blademan, they weren't forced to accept me, they accepted me because they are nice people.  A woman could do that club some good, like brining more money into theplace bey being a cook.
[

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 08:34:05 AM »
Blademan, they weren't forced to accept me, they accepted me because they are nice people.  A woman could do that club some good, like brining more money into theplace bey being a cook.
Dali Llama say that all well and good, but Sheila not answer question posed. :?

Offline BamBams

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 09:23:18 AM »
"I don't believe a woman should not be in combate either. They should not be police officers, or firefighters. Those jobs are very dangerous, those kind of jobs are for men, because women don't have the body strenght of a man."

"A woman could do that club some good, like brining more money into theplace bey being a cook."

Oh wow! Sheila, you are stealing my heart away one post at a time!  Anabelle, you better watch out!  *smiles*
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2004, 09:41:59 AM »
BamBam, a gun club isn't  dangerous.  No, I am not interrested in you. I think hunting  is safer for a woman.
[

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 09:52:16 AM »
I just got done washing, folding, and putting away 4 loads of wash.  Got back from the grecery a few minutes ago.  Did toilets and floors earlier.  Don't feel like I should be doing this stuff either but got myself into a position where the wife still lives at the office and I'm trying to make the best of things at home. :oops:  

There are things a woman shouldn't do alright but seems like a man just does what he has to.  Common sense should dictate each of our positions not useless lawyers.

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 10:06:30 AM »
Syko, men should help out around the house.
[

Offline BamBams

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 10:10:29 AM »
I'm heartbroken.  Anyone have a drink?
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2004, 10:18:03 AM »
I don't just help out, I ----- I ------ I ------ I

Yes!  I have a drink a drink a drink  a drink a drink a drink a drink a drink

Offline powderman

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 10:24:31 AM »
A shooting club that doesn't allow women? Ridiculous. Who does all the cooking and cleaning?  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :)  :)  :)  :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: . Hope this is enough smilies. POWDERMAN.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jvs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 10:38:53 AM »
First I'd like to know if the women involved have a political agenda.

If they knowingly went to a "Male Only Club" in order to stir the 's**t' and to instigate political headlines, they should be bounced.  

I know of no gun club that refuses entry to any woman at the bar or any club function, nor do I know of any gun club that bars women from membership, although most have auxillaries for their women folk.  But if it's been that way for forever, who are those women to change things by force.

Maybe you should look closer as to why those women wanted the memberships.  The answer may be hidden in a political agenda.
 If you want to run with the Wolves, you can't Pee with the Puppies.

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2004, 10:55:58 AM »
Red Kneck, I didn't know she is anti-gun, and I watch her  everyday.  She tells people  they should take responsibilty for their own actions,  but she is anti-gun?

She was on a few weeks back.Some woman told Judy her boy  friend  had a gun in the house,Judy asked him if that was true,he told her yes.From the look she gave him I know she is anti/gun.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2004, 03:34:07 PM »
My stand on the issue is that Women and kids are the future of us owning guns. Having the ladies on our side and getting into shooting and hunting can only help us. For some youngsters haveing mom shooting or hunting just might get them interested moreso that if just dad was doing it. No of those women wanted to join for a political statement I do not they should have been allowed and yea if it is a private club what part of private did they not understand. Still I say some of these clubs should evaluate their priorities as it may be the women that save the day in the future for our gun rights. I have noticed that most women who get into shooting and guns are more vocal about it than joe blow hunter who never says a peep or joins any pro gun organizations. That may be one reason outfits like the NRA and the GOA are openly courting the ladies to join!! Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline dodgecity

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2004, 03:38:41 PM »
"Judge Judy?" Man, it really has been a long hard winter up there!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2004, 03:39:13 PM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
The  gunclub  I belong to  is privatley owned.  
Do Sheila believe aforesaid private gun club should be FORCED to admit anybody who wish to join, ask Dali Llama? :?
btt for Sheila...