Author Topic: Marlin MR-7  (Read 1349 times)

Offline jvs

• Trade Count: (2)
Marlin MR-7
« on: February 11, 2004, 04:55:30 PM »
Oddly enough, when I visited my local gunshop on Monday, I found out he has a MR-7 .3006 NIB.

Since I already have one, I'm not in the market for another.   But I find it fascinating that they are still around......unsold.

Had it been a .2506, it would be living at my place right now.
 If you want to run with the Wolves, you can't Pee with the Puppies.

Offline big medicine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Marlin MR-7
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 05:14:29 PM »
What kind of price did he have on it?? I already have an 06, but would like one in 35 whelen.

Offline jvs

Marlin MR-7
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 03:56:32 AM »
When I called him last night, he said he wanted $375 for the .30-06.

I have not yet related to him that I wasn't really interested in it but that I was using it for a topic of discussion.

The first thing I asked him for earlier this week was a .25-06, which is what I really want in a MR-7.   Maybe I can find one at the gunshow this weekend.

Offline big medicine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Marlin MR-7
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 04:03:03 AM »
Or check into getting that one rebarreled.

Offline jvs

Marlin MR-7
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 05:04:01 AM »
Well.........it is my understanding that the 25-06 might be the caliber that  may end up with the biggest following with collectors in years to come.

For some reason, whenever a MR-7 25-06 comes up and it's availability is the topic, people in my area tend to look at you like you're nuts. From talking to alot of different dealers around here, it appears the 25-06's went right from the shelf to the gun cabinet and have not seen the light of day since.

When I walked into my dealers shop last monday and asked him if he by chance had any MR-7's left, he said he had ONE. When I asked if it might be a 25-06, he gave me one of his dumb looks, smiled and said "what? you goofy or what?"

Hence my quest continues for a factory 25-06 instead of "ruining" an original. A quest which is basically my fault to begin with becasue I could have had a 25-06 when I bought the 30-06.