Author Topic: Poison peddlers shoot drugs accross border with cannon.  (Read 332 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Poison peddlers shoot drugs accross border with cannon.
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:36:16 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/drug-smugglers-shoot-drugs-border-cannon/story?id=17943989

Drug Smugglers Shoot Drugs Across Border with Cannon      The US and Mexican border wall is illuminated at night, July 6, 2012, in Nogales, Arizona. (Sandy Huffaker/Getty Images)       By TAYLOR HOM  Dec. 12, 2012   
  Drug smugglers continue to show creativity in inventing new ways of getting drugs across the U.S. border from Mexico.
Border Patrol agents say they believe a pneumatic cannon was used to launch dozens of containers of marijuana over the border and 500 feet into Arizona on Friday. Eighty-five pounds of marijuana -- tucked into soup cans and then inserted into larger sealed containers -- were found in a field near the Colorado River in San Luis, Arizona.

After searching the surrounding area, agents spotted the carbon dioxide tank used to power the cannon that propelled the containers into U.S. territory. The smugglers launched the drug-filled projectiles from a position in a brushy area immediately south of the border fence. According to authorities, an accomplice was probably supposed to collect the containers but did not show up in time.

The contraband was discovered by a concerned citizen in a plowed field just northwest of San Luis before the U.S counterpart could collect it. After the Border Patrol was notified and searched the field, Mexican authorities also inspected their side of the border, but no arrests have been made.
      Sandy Huffaker/Getty Images The US and Mexican border wall is illuminated... View Full Size    Sandy Huffaker/Getty Images The US and Mexican border wall is illuminated at night, July 6, 2012, in Nogales, Arizona.   "Because of our progress in targeting and obstructing movement, they can no longer just walk across the border," Linwood Estes, a Border Patrol Agent in Yuma, told ABC News. "The more and more successful we are, the more and more unique they become in trying to get the drugs across."

Around two pounds of marijuana were packed into each soup can. The contraband had an estimated value of $42, 500 and is scheduled for destruction.
While this specific technique is new to the Yuma area, Mexican pot smugglers have a track record of innovative tactics to sneak their drugs across the border.
In October, two creative bandits attempted to drive a car over the border fence by using a makeshift ramp just 20 miles west of Yuma. When the SUV became stuck on the fence, the men fled the scene before Border Patrol officers arrived.

In 2011, National Guard surveillance video caught drug smugglers using a medieval-style catapult to launch bales of marijuana across the border near Naco, Arizona. Mexican officials recovered the catapult after it was abandoned, and said the device was capable of launching packages weighing two kilograms.
Underground tunnels and ultra light aircraft have also been used in the past year.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline guzzijohn

Re: Poison peddlers shoot drugs accross border with cannon.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »
Yup, that drug war thing is working really well. :(
GuzziJohn

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:41:34 AM »
Unlicensed pharmacists?

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 03:39:47 AM »
That's freaking ingenious!!!  LMAO.  And yet another reason to legalize the Cheech.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 03:43:06 AM »
Now in most countries, when somebody starts firing artillery rounds across the border, somebody shoots back. Not here, I guess.

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:50:04 AM »
I thought that was pretty clever when I saw it. But like CTL I don't feel real good about outsiders firing projectiles across the border at us. First pot then what?
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 03:59:13 AM »
But like CTL I don't feel real good about outsiders firing projectiles across the border at us. First pot then what?

And that is a very real concern.  We had a situation here years back at my prison where we would have traffickers sneak up to the outer perimeter fences in the middle of the night and use those water balloon launchers (looks like a human slingshot) and sending duct taped wrapped packages of tobacco and booze over the fence.  This progressed into cell phones and narcotics.  we were quite worried for a while when a handgun would be the next thing coming over the wire....we finally caught the human slingshots and the prisoners that were orchestrating the drops.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »
Poison peddlers shoot drugs accross border with cannon.

Who is peddlin' poison? These guys are shooting cannabis out of spud guns - where's the poison? It's a plant, grown & then dried... kind of like parsley, sage, rosemary, or thyme.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 07:21:17 AM »
Where there is a will, there is a way.

Back in the mid 70s, I was in the Air Force.  We had a training site down near Ajo Arizona.  One night we were in camp off to the side of the runway, getting ready for bed, when  C-130 type aircraft made a touchdown and ran the length of the runway, throwing bales of something resembling hay out on the runway.  Then several trucks busted through the locked gates and made a run down the runway picking up those bales.  Then back out the gate and gone, no lights.  We witnessed this, while hugging the ground.  Our troops only had blanks in their M-16s, we were afraid the drug runners had live ammo, and did not want witnesses.  Next morning we packed up and left.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.