Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Tasco World Cla  (Read 1801 times)

Offline gw

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone have experience with Tasco World Cla
« on: December 13, 2002, 11:33:16 AM »
I have several of the 3.5x10x50 World Class. Some 10yrs old and never a problem.
gw

Offline Zachary

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2002, 11:38:57 AM »
Tasco scopes are generally not good scopes at all.  HOWEVER, Tasco's World Class scope is the exception in their line.  This is not to say that the World Class is a very good scope.  Rather, it is simply a fairly good scope.

Zachary

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2002, 11:49:55 AM »
I've owned two or maybe three Tasco WC 6-24 AO scopes and foolishly let them all go. If I'd had any idea they would go out of business I'd have kept one or two of them. They really were excellent scopes. Adjustments were positive and accurate and optics were quite good. Overall an excellent value for the money. I still owned one of the WC 1.25-4 handgun scopes and sorta wish I'd picked up a couple more while they were still being made. Yeah I do like them and the ONLY complaint I have is the cross hairs are a bit thin for low light hunting. My best friend Billy Doss (now deceased) used one of the 3-9s like you are looking at for a spotting scope on his range for years. Did a fine job and we could easily see .22 caliber bullet holes with it all all times of day at the max range of 50 meters his range covered. Heck he had a for real B&L lower line spotting scope that didn't do as well.

I think any of the WC line scopes you can get for a reasonable price you'll be happy with.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline I am CAL.........

• Avid Poster
Tasco
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 05:28:36 PM »
I had a WC 3-9-40 that I used on every new rifle that came into the family for some time.Bet that scope was used on 5 or 6 different rifles with perfect results.Went and traded it off like er dummy and wished I had it back today.They are lower priced scopes that work fine for me.I have several at present.Never have had a bad one that needed any attention either.Wish I could say the same for Leupolds and Redfields.If it were me I would take the WClass over the $40.00.Good luck,I am CAL..... :D

Offline Zachary

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2002, 06:06:09 AM »
The titan is better than the Elite 3200 and 4200 that you have in every respect? :eek:  Would you please elaborate on that?  I have never heard anyone say that before.  In what respects are you referring to?  What particular models do you have in the 3200 and 4200?

Zachary

Offline Zachary

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 04:21:35 AM »
I think you made the right decision.  Tell us what you think when you get it. :wink:

Zachary

Offline markc

Yes.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2002, 05:39:42 AM »
Have owned about 5 Tasco scopes and the World Class are the best.  Have two 3X9X50 on two different rifles .243 &30-06 and they work fine, ahve been bumped around, soaked in the rain, and remain on target.  They are also great for low light hog hunting.  Also have a cheapo really old Tasco 3X9 that has been on 5 rifles now and still holds zero just fine.
markc :D
markc

Offline mikepow

tasco
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2002, 03:47:20 AM »
:-D For what its worth I have 2 tasco scopes one on a 22 mag one on a win. mod.100 308 I have never had a problem with eather I hunt new england no high mountian or desart stuff but for the money the tasco is a good bye.
Aslo I have a bushnell on a 223 rem 700 and love it.For my type of hunting both are fine. again i don't do any exteram hunting.

Mike Powers

Offline George Foster

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2002, 06:54:48 AM »
I have a World Class 3-9x40 that I bought in 1988.  I have it on a favorite 243 and it has been a very good scope.  This scope was made in Japan, I also have two other Tasco scopes that were also made in Japan.  These scopes I have had since the 70s and they are on favorite 22 rimfire rifles.  I personally believe the Tasco scopes made in Japan are good scopes for the money.
Good Shooting,
George

Offline Gregory

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2003, 06:55:17 AM »
I own 4 Tasco World Class scopes (1-3.5X, 1.75-5X, 2-7X, and a 3-9X) and two other Tasco scopes that are the 2-8X compact model, not sure if they are "World Class" but I don't think so.
I purchased all of these scope from 10 -15 years ago.  Never had a problem with any of them.  In fact one of the 2-8X scopes is on a muzzleloader barrel that I routinely dunk in a bucket of hot water to clean, the scope has never leaked or fogged on me.  I paid about $100 for each of the World Class scopes when they were new and I believe I paid about $70 for the compact models when they went on sale.  I noticed over the years the Tasco scopes came way down in price, I've always wondered if the quality came down as well.
Greg
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)