Author Topic: So I called H&R today-----  (Read 1323 times)

Offline tunnug

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
So I called H&R today-----
« on: December 18, 2012, 09:59:46 AM »
Several of my Handi's are missing the offset hammer spur so I decided to call H&R and maybe order some, I'm talking to the salesguy and asked about the price and he says $10 each, plus 6 and change shipping.
So I asked if the shipping was for each or if I could have multiples, he says one shipping per order, I need four I say, he tells me it'll be $40 plus $13+ for shipping, I asked what happened to the $6 S/H and he says the charge is for every $25 of merchandise  :o .
I'm thinking $50 for four hammer spurs that weight ounces is nuts so I say "No thanks".
I don't know how these Co's. can justify charging so much for small items that go to support their own rifles-----Crazy----

I ended up finding some on Amazon, 4 for $33 with free shipping  8) .

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: So I called H&R today-----
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:40:25 AM »
You could have saved a bit more buying the Uncle Mike's 2456-0(FAQs) which is what H&R sells, this dealer sells em for $6.36 and charges $5.99 shipping for 4.

Tim

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Uncle-Mike%27s-Hammer-Ext-H%26R-2456%252d0.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Brian P.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:05:03 AM »
That is TERRIBLE customer service to not simply combine shipping on those little things!
Lead me not into temptation but point me to it instead.

Offline Doc Fillem

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
Or, to really build goodwill towards the company, send them for free. Any customer that owns four of your company's rifles is a good customer in my book.
I have more guns than I need, but not as many as I want.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 11:55:43 AM »
Another CSR might have been more agreeable, or given a different answer. Im with you though, if they wont make it easy to do business or act like I, as the customer, am important to their enterprise, I will go elsewhere. Too bad you are only preachin' to the choir here.......
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline tunnug

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »
I did go to Manventurepost but must have missed the item while looking, the Amazon ones are the Uncle Mike's 2456-0(FAQs), I have it in my favorites now in case I need more (I'm up to 10 handis now)  ;D .

Offline cbshtr

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 04:09:07 PM »
Within the last month I bought a synthetic Handi used in .243 that came with a Bushell Banner 3 to 9. For some odd reason it was missing the adjustment caps. I asked the dealer but he didn't have any. I made a few contacts and searches but came up empty. I really didn't want the expense of buying new but was left with no option. So a call to Bushell to explain my situation was made, fully expecting to pay for them. A week later I had the caps completely free. Now that is customer satisfaction. Will I continue to buy Bushnell? You bet. Companies who take care of those who buy their products deserve repeat purchases. If all companies would conduct business this way their repeat sales would more than make up what they may eat in order to please their customers.

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 04:27:12 PM »
Sorry for going off topic.  I bought a Simmons scope used, it had caps but they were the wrong ones felt cross threaded, I surfed looking to find the company and lo and behold find out they are owned by Bushnell and they also sent my Simmons caps free of charge.
I know people love the high dollar scopes because of life time repair and all but Bushnell has treated me right twice now on scope dealings.
But H&R has done right by me when I have sent a gun in to be worked on! I have added barrels with the factory program and I have zero complaints in fact praises to be said about having Brian help us with our work. I have not dealt with the people for buying parts over the phone But I am happy with work done at Ilion.  thejanitor

Offline yukondog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (43)
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 04:49:11 PM »
In many years of owning Bushnells I have never had a problem with any of them, all are the cheaper dusk to dawn type, they have served me well from my Marlin 1894 .357,44 mag. to my sav.110 in 308.
an unloaded wepon is equal to the same mass and volume as a rock.

Offline hoytcanon

• If there is a season for it... I have a pot to cook it in.
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
  • Handi's and Henry's... a perfect partnership!
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 07:23:52 AM »
BTT... For the Hammer Extension source... When I get home. ;-)
Hoyt Handi's; Ultra Black .22 K-Hornet Shorty, Black Synthetic K-Hornet Shorty & Nickel .410 Combo (sons), Ultra Granite Grey .22 BR Rem, Ultra Nutmeg .223 & .30/30 Shorty Combo (sons), Ultra Forest .223/7mm-08 Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest .243/.308 Combo, Ultra Nutmeg .243/.308 Combo (sons),  Jacaranda/Cocobolo .30/30 & 7.62X39 Shorty Combo, Ultra Black/Stainless .260 Rem Stub, Ultra Black/Stainless .338 Federal Stub,  Ultra Grey .358 Win, Ultra Grey .35 Whelen, Walnut/Cocobolo Mannlicher .357 MAX, Buffalo Classic Mannlicher .44 Mag Shorties w/NDS-38 peeps (X2; Sons & mine), Ultra Grey Stainless .45/70 & .243 & 20 Gauge Combo, Buffalo Classic 26" .45/70, 9.3X74R Mannlicher, Synthetic Nickel .410 & .30/30 & Versa Pak .22 LR Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest/Cocobolo 12 Gauge 3.5" Turkey; Most scoped with DNZ or Dura Sight one-piece bases and Mueller, Hawke or Nikon scopes... several with Skinner Peeps and Williams Fire Sight ramps.

Offline nanuk-O-dah-Nort

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 05:47:55 PM »
too bad manventureoutpost doesn't ship to Canada!

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 05:52:49 PM »
Try Optics Planet, a little more expensive but I believe they ship to Canada:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/uncle-mike-s-hammer-extensions-for-a-better-grip.html

If your willing to wait, they occasionally offer free shipping if you spend $100, which is easy to do on their site.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline bucmeister

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 05:52:51 AM »
Once had need for a new turret cap for one of my Leupold scopes, when contacted I was told "no problem give me you address" which I did followed with the question "how do I need to pay for it?", was told "no charge".  There we two caps in the envelop when it was received.  Very good customer service. 

And yes, while H&R/Remington is good about service/warranty work on the rifles (read liability) they could use a bit of nudging on the little things such as no shipping/handling on the already significantly overpriced hammer spur.