Author Topic: Dicks Sporting goods  (Read 658 times)

Offline Two Bears

• Trade Count: (10)
  • A Real Regular
Dicks Sporting goods
« on: December 22, 2012, 04:30:58 PM »
Anybody else boycotting Dicks for them refusing to sell sporting rifles in their stores?
I am.

HAVING A LIBERAL ALONG IS LIKE LOSING 2 GOOD MEN

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
Re: Dicks Sporting goods
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 04:42:15 PM »
Sorry, wouldn't do any good for me to boycott them since I quit shopping there a few years ago.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline bulletstuffer

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
  • Overkill begins when hair shoots out the antlers.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:53:38 PM »
I was in one of their stores in Maine about 6 years ago and I heard 3 different sales people use the phrase...that's not one of Dicks policies.  I go there as a last resort. 

Good luck to all.

Merry Christmas,

Bulletstuffer
I am the first to work when I have to and the first to go on vacation when I can!  God Bless America!!!

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »
I can drive 2 miles past Dick's and I'm at Academy Sports.  Cheaper, better, more knowledgeable people.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
Never  used  them  as  the  closest  one  is  75  miles  away.

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »
I could never see the appeal of Dicks. Their latest antics only affirm my original opinion of the stores, a butched up Eddie Bauer.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »
not one around here. . . .
from what i've read about them,
i wouldn't patronize them anyway.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
Never been in one. Go to gun shows. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
i went to dicks once asked them do you have any handy rifles the guy at the counter said no there were two on the shelf behind him. ??? never went back.

Offline FPH

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
We have a new one that just opened up.  No need to set foot in it now.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 12:12:41 AM »
I just bought 2 ladder stands from them. They were on sale for $89 dollars off the regular price. My friend bought also bought one.

"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 01:58:18 AM »
I've been in the one that opened near here once or twice. I shoot black powder a lot, and the staff seemed surprised when I told them that there are slightly different sizes of .44 cal round balls. It also seemed to be news to them that bullets (.30 cal) come in different weights. I put them down there with WalMart or Radio Shack--- if YOU know what you need and can find it, they may have a deal, but don't expect much help from the staff. There's a better place only a little farther away for me, anyway.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 03:53:45 AM »
That they refuse to sell sporting rifles is news to me. They had an add advertising rifles last weekend.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 05:49:35 AM »
  Go there a lot as they are close and was there just last night looking for .308 ammo. They didn't have any but I did find some .22 ruger mags. I think they serve me and other local sportsman much better than a big box with only an airsoft section. They keep common hunting and plinking guns reasonable and occasionally offer amazing deals on guns and ammo. My local gunshops products are literally twice as much money, in many comparisons.  While I nevergo there to learn anything about guns, I'm glad to teach the clerks a thing or two about their products. I'm glad dicks is continuing to sell the low and moderate priced guns that many of us use.   J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 08:15:33 AM »
Yes, I never liked those stores but I would still go in to buy 16 gauge ammo. I will find it elsewhere now.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 08:57:41 AM »
I will buy from Dicks if they have a deal too good to pass up but I always felt they were more of a source for folk needing tennis balls or spandex bicycle shorts rather than a gunshop.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »
Almost all stores that are similar are becoming a waste of time when it comes to guns and ammo. Now if you are looking for a basketball, cooking pot or a fish hook youre in the right place.