Author Topic: AR-15 Scope Mounting Problem  (Read 373 times)

Offline Gregory

• Trade Count: (0)
AR-15 Scope Mounting Problem
« on: February 23, 2004, 12:46:01 PM »
I posted this in a couple other sections so forgive me if you've seen this before.  I have a Bushmaster Varminter with a flatop receiver.  I have the scope mounted as far forward as possible and still need it moved forward about an inch to make the gun "fit" better.   When I bring a rifle to my shoulder I don't want to have to adjust my position to get a full view through the scope.  The gun itself seems to fit me, I just need the scope moved up, so I don't want to lengthen the stock.  Does anyone know of some type of rail extension for an AR?
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)

Offline coyote 2

• Avid Poster
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/schwager/
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 02:14:40 PM »
Not sure what to tell you but I had a B-Square mount on the flattop receiver. I had both a weaver V3 and a weaver V24 scope mounted on mine. I just pushed the B-square mount forward and moved the scope forward also. It worked great. In fact I still had more room to move it forward. What type of mount do you have on top of the flatop receiver???
Don't cry because its over - Smile because it happened!

Offline redial

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 02:24:58 PM »
I have an Accuracy Speaks base from Derrick Martin which extends at least 4" forward of the receiver - great for us stock crawlers! You're right about clamping rings right on the receiver. It just doesn't work for me.

Redial

Offline Gregory

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 03:13:43 PM »
Thanks Redial and Coyote 2
This is what I'm looking for.  I just have my scope mounted in Burris signature rings directly to the flattop receiver.
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)