Author Topic: H&R Pardner made in China  (Read 1410 times)

Offline tsalam

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R Pardner made in China
« on: December 04, 2012, 03:04:31 PM »
Does anyone have any history of the Pardner being made in China. I had never heard of that. A local guy has a 12 ga for sale and said it was "imported" so I questioned him about it and he said "Made in China" is stamped on the barrel.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: H&R Pardner made in China
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »
I think he's yanking your chain....unless someone has stubbed a China barrel.  Come to think of it, I've never seen a China shotgun barrel..

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline rice paddy daddy

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »
The Pardner Pump is made in China.

"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result"  Winston Churchill

Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, AMVETS, Society of the Fifth Infantry Division

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »
The Pardner Pump is a chinese clone of the Rem 870, the H&R Pardner single shot is made in the US.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »
The owner of the Pardner Pump is correct, it is made in China.  The Pardner Pump is basically a clone of the Remington 870 shotgun.  As a matter of fact most of the parts even interchange.  Other parts interchange with a little fitting.  The only part that doesn't interchange is the barrel.  But according to some the Remington barrel can be made to fit the Pardner pump. 

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=253330.0

(I just wish someone would just outright show us how to do so.)

There have been discussions about this shotgun, most people who have purchased one are happy with them.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 07:43:18 PM »
The only part that doesn't interchange is the barrel.  But according to some the Remington barrel can be made to fit the Pardner pump. 

(I just wish someone would just outright show us how to do so.)

Just google 870 barrel on pardner pump;D

Tim

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGNI_enUS492US492&q=870+barrel+on+pardner+pump

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=79948

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 12:14:46 AM »
Learned something new! :o

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »
quick,
What do you think he used on the 1" EMT tube to color it?  Black paint?  How does he manage to keep the end cap on?  It requires the tube (extension) to be threaded right? 

Disregard my question about how to keep the barrel on.  I looked at the photos again, and can see how it's done.  That's what happens when you suffer from lack of sleep. ;)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
Or CRS or.....  :-[

Tim

Offline uncledub

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
  • Alabama, USA
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 06:50:31 PM »
I picked up a Pardner Protector a few weeks ago at my favorite pawn shop.  Price was good enough that this will make a very good truck gun.  It was missing the magazine spring retainer (I found that out when I removed the mag cap). Called H&R and was told that parts for the Pardner were sometimes hard to get as they come from China.  The rep checked and confirmed they didn't have the Pardner retainer, but he also checked the cross reference and said the Remington 870 part would fit. In a bit over a week I had a new mag spring retainer in hand.  As a credit to H&R's customer service, they shipped it to me at no cost.  The rep was pleasant, knowledgeable, and willing to solve my problem.  Way to go guys.
Young guys should listen to Old guys, they know stuff.

NEF 45-70 w/ 20 ga 22" barrel
NEF Pardner Pump Protector

Offline CliffD

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »
I picked one of recently for under $200 new and to be honest, I like it :) The damn thing is HEAVY, but for what I bought it for, that's a good thing. The receiver is steel and the synthetic stock is just over 1 pound heavier than the 870 counter-part. Shooting mostly Military Surplus rifles, I am used to the heavy guns though. The action is surprisingly very smooth out of the box and I've found no quality issues with it at all.

It's truly a no-frills shotgun with a simple smooth bore and front bead sight. It does have a pretty intimidating silhouette and as mentioned, 870 attachments (except the barrel) fit without issue. Magazine extensions do require a bit of handiwork to fit properly, but its not difficult or time consuming.