Author Topic: Now this is getting ridiculous !  (Read 661 times)

Offline Anna

• Trade Count: (0)
Now this is getting ridiculous !
« on: December 26, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »
I already know of family's who have cut their budgets to the bone. No cable TV, one cell phone and
no Internet. They turn on their heater once a day and only run it for two hours.
No frills at the super market , one car and they pray it doesn't break down, and yet these bast*rds
have the unmitigated gaul to tell us its we who need to cut back !
I really don't know where a large part of our population is going to come up with the money to do
this. Wake up Washington the well has run dry ! You have sucked the life out of the American family
to the point a lot of us couldn't even buy any Christmas gifts. 
To even think about doing this right now is complete insanity, or just a callous disregard for anyone
but yourselves.  >:(

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/26/what-will-it-cost-fiscal-deal-failure-would-dent-monthly-budgets-for-millions/

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Re: Now this is getting ridiculous !
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:10:34 PM »
Our Legislators are so far removed from the life of paycheck to paycheck that none of the fiscal cliff will affect them.  What will be the straw that breaks the proverbial camel's back?  America is insolvent.

There will be a SHTF event when the welfare checks no longer arrive; when bread, milk, meat, and potatoes no longer are found on grocery store shelves; or when inflation makes them too expensive to purchase.

Offline Anna

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:19:13 AM »
Of course this is landlocked NM. But our larger local grocery stores can't sell fresh shellfish anymore
even if its close to being out of date at a discount. A stupid box of eight frozen jumbo shrimp for
$15.50 a pop ? They are saying they are going to stop carrying it, people opt out and just go make
some tacos. Right in the middle of the oil field with several refineries near by and gas is still $3.60
a gallon? Local greed then on top of that government greed in an area where they will tell you that
$9.00 an hour is a darn good wage ?

Maybe the government should do like the British do as the ongoing joke around here is. You can pay
people in peanuts as long as you give them a title to go along with it !
Like, Sir Custodian of the grounds , or Lord trailer house warden. Except here we use terms like ,
Waist water disposal Technician for a sewer rat , or Dining utensil sanitation Engineer for a dish
washer. Why not it's all the same and people buy into it !   

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:45:37 AM »
The price of everything is up which hurts the most needy (social security recipients) and obama has cut their COLA way back.  they'll have to punch another hole in their belts...
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline ultramag44

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 06:17:25 AM »
What are ya gonna do?

The low-information, 1-issue, free (to them)  bama-phone using freeloaders put this government into power.

Power being the operative word.

Let the country go over the  fiscal cliff I say!   Let the crude cuts to EVERYTHING take effect. Force the government to live like so many families do. Yes, there will be recession, strife and pain. Make the entire country take the pain w/o any aspirin. Perhaps that will be the wake up call to make the sheeple realize they traded their liberty and self sufficiency for Japanese-made cars, social security benefits to people who have never worked or paid into the system and people who stand in front of you in line @ the grocery store with food stamps  while yamaring away on a smart phone in their $100.00 jeans.

Default on our loans to the chicoms. Just show them our middle finger and say, "You know what? We're not gonna pay you another penny in interest. Take the principle and be happy, or you can just Suck it!" Our credit rating will go down? La-de-da! We have been going it alone for so long, who cares.

Then after all that, once the people wake up. We can rebuild by embracing the past!  You get things by earning them, NOT on the backs of the taxpayers. Charity is private or done through churches, NOT taken by force of law from one and handed to another. And the biggest, fair is a thing that happens once a year in a big field @ the edge of town, it's NOT part of political dialog.
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right, I don't need to be forgiven, no, no, no (from the song ‘Baba O'Riley’ by The Who)