Author Topic: Do i need Liability insurance o shoot my cannon?  (Read 571 times)

Offline docbob5707

• Trade Count: (0)
Do i need Liability insurance o shoot my cannon?
« on: January 08, 2013, 10:59:19 AM »
 Hey guys Hope this is the right place to ask this - but have been looking at the numerous shooting events some of you guy participate in - do you have to carry liability insurance to shoot cannons in these events? - What about the reenactments? - How about public demonstrations? Thanks Mates.

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Do i need Liability insurance o shoot my cannon?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:06:09 PM »
There is an insurance company that does insure reinactments and the units that participate.... When I was a member of the Brigade of the American Revolution our unit had it's own insurance most public events have some sort of insurance but it is best ot ask the promoter.... if you join one of the orginizations you will probably be aprised of what is needed..
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:27:40 PM »
Hey guys Hope this is the right place to ask this - but have been looking at the numerous shooting events some of you guy participate in - do you have to carry liability insurance to shoot cannons in these events? - What about the reenactments? - How about public demonstrations? Thanks Mates.

When you come to Montana and shoot in our clubs cannon shoot, you must pay a range fee. This range fee is required by out clubs liability insurance carrier for all in order to be covered.

It is pretty standard for Gun Clubs to have this this liability insurance.  We acquired ours through the NRA.

Offline Artilleryman

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
Each person participating in the Grayling Long Range Artillery Competition pays an insurance fee.
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline docbob5707

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:20:41 AM »
Thanks guys. :)