Author Topic: Kinda Slow  (Read 911 times)

Offline phoneman7

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
Kinda Slow
« on: November 04, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »
Kinda slow in here.  Our season opens on the 17th.  Any of ya'll as ready as i am?  Gonna be strictly local waters this year.  Don't think i'm gonna make it to arkieland this season.  Maybe we can start a pic sticky!

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Kinda Slow
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 11:48:09 PM »
I'm hunting the Atlantic flyway. I'm having the best season ever. Lots of geese and they seem to like landing in my spread.  I added goose magnant decoys- they seem to have really helped.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline rzwieg

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 05:28:57 AM »
Wisconsin's season opened 9/29 and we did well on woodies, but the lack of water shortened things. Cold weather is starting to drive the mallards down from the north. I may get out next weekend to close the season.

Offline Darryle

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 11:47:26 PM »
Our first split just closed, opens back up in 2 weeks. So far it has been the season of the Teal. The Widgeon just showed up Sunday in good numbers.

Posted using Morse Code

Offline popplecop

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »
Leaving for SW Louisiana for annual duck hunt the day after Christmas, will let you know how it goes.  In all the years I've Vermillion Parish never have disappointed.  Was out and around here today and saw several thousand Canadas, not migrateing but all feeding flights or on open water.  Wonder how long that'll last, between Wed. night and Thurs. to get 10"s of snow so that will cover up the fields of picked corn and soybeans.  Will also cover the winter wheat, but doubt if they go any farther than Ill.
Life Member: VFW, NRA & Wisconsin Conservation Wardens Assoc.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 10:46:39 PM »
There are plenty of geese where I hunt. The only problem s that they are now educted. ny little mistake and off they fly.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline popplecop

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 04:41:39 AM »
Headed for SW Louisiana in the morning for our annual duck hunt.  My duck hunting in Wisconsin was not that great where I hunt locally this year.  Had drained the marsh this spring to fix the conrol structure, and then we had a draught.  So we had low water this fall, oh well any day duck hunting is a good one.
Life Member: VFW, NRA & Wisconsin Conservation Wardens Assoc.