Author Topic: Ruger letter  (Read 807 times)

Offline patw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Ruger letter
« on: January 12, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »
The Ruger company has made it easy to contact our representatives, so we need to take advantage of it.  All I had to do was fill in the info and they take care of forwarding it to my elected officials.
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Taking action is simple, just follow these 3 Steps:
 Step 1: Enter your personal contact information below, this information will be added to the letter and is required to reach each of the appropriate representatives in your area. This information is not stored by Ruger, nor is it used for any other purposes than this legislative action.
 Step 2: Press "Submit" and we will prepare the letter below, in your name to the President, Vice-President, your Senators, Representative, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, State-Level Elected Officials and State Attorney General.
 Step 3: Review your letter one last time, add in your first name and press "Submit"! You have just taken strong action in protecting your rights.
     Dear (Recipient),
 I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner.
 I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful and responsible owners like me are misguided. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004?
 Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). Do NOT pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.
 I am your constituent and I vote. Please represent me.
 Sincerely,
 (Your Contact Information)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Ruger letter
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »
Great link, I made sure to take advantage of this opportunity to tell my representatives at the state and federal what I think.  Thanks!
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:17:39 AM »
That was convenient.  I sent it for me and the little woman both.  but this was just extra for what I do on a regular basis.  I even e-mail congressmen from other states on important issues such as this.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline SharonAnne

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 05:33:46 AM »
thank you. I use every one of those links I get on my email. We need to bury them in pro gun feedback.
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 06:08:11 AM »
I went though the complete procedure and hit the submit button, it changed appearance but I received no info as to letter sent. Did it not work for some reason.