Author Topic: 66 Minutes to Read the U.S. Constitution - wonder if they learned anything?  (Read 296 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
For 66 minutes Tuesday morning, lawmakers read the U.S. Constitution aloud for just the second time ever in the House chamber.Rep. Bob Goodlatte, the newly-minted House Judiciary chairman who spearheaded the reading, called the event “historic.” “We also hope that this will demonstrate to the American people that the House of Representatives is dedicated to the Constitution and the system it establishes for limited government and the protection of individual liberty,” Goodlatte, R-Va., said.

Now that Congress threatens once again to  hold raising the debt limit hostage, I Wonder what those same congressional leaders threatening not to pay Americas credit card on bills they already racked up thought when they read 14th amendment section 4. ?

Section 4.
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.
But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Hey congress , you racked up the credit card. You claim you alone are allowed to hold Americas purse strings Well guess what ? Just like I have to pay my credit card bill in my house when I purchase stuff. You need to do the same. Stop trying to hold the good faith and credit of US as a pawn in your silly political games of one upsmanship..

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline -Shaggy-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Only problem is, they don't pay the bills. The taxpayers get to do that. They have overspent to the point that soon there will not be enough to be taken from the people to pay for what they have run up on the credit card. Then it will all come crashing down and the game will be over.

You found a job yet so you can pay your fair share of the debt?