Author Topic: Kyoot Konsigment Kannon  (Read 934 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Kyoot Konsigment Kannon
« on: January 21, 2013, 11:15:53 PM »
This piece was just consigned to us.  Including our modest commission the price is $40K.  This is a light British 3-pounder about 3 feet long, tube weighing a bit over 250 lbs. it appears, date 1808.  I don't have any flexibity on the price, and it was just consigned to us today.  It sounds expensive when you first see the price, but if you think ahout it, were are ya gonna find another?  I've been offered exactly one other like it in my 40 year cannon career, so they don't come up often!  Truck shipping to anywhere in the Cont. US is included in the price.  Slideshow:
  http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/cannonmn/miscforumsetc/forums64/Brit%203%20pdr/?albumview=slideshow

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Kyoot Konsigment Kannon
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:08:03 AM »
I just checked wrth the wife, and it doesn't seem doable right now.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:55:51 AM »
I just checked wrth the wife
I did that a few times early in my career, and when the answer always came back "no" I got a separate bank account and brought the stuff I got into the basement or garage, and concealed it when she wasn't home.   But glad you tried anyway!
I almost got busted a few times.  For some odd reason she'd have to go to the basement and when she came up she'd say "John I don't remember seeing that cannon before, the one that's near the furnace."  "Oh sure honey, that's been there for years."  That line worked the first few times anyway.

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 03:54:12 AM »
I would have a harder time filling the seperate bank account with 40K. :P
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 06:32:36 AM »
Good looking cannon. Very nice markings! Someone will give it a good home.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 06:51:55 AM »
I hope you boys realize that my post was meant to be humorous. I wouldn't need a separate bank account to get that gun, I'd need to live in a different house.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »
I hope you boys realize that my post was meant to be humorous. I wouldn't need a separate bank account to get that gun, I'd need to live in a different house.

Cannoneer,
I think everything you say is funny. ;D
Zulu

Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline flagman1776

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
Shhhh!!   Seriously, I don't think I can sneak another cannon into the basement. 

I just checked wrth the wife
I did that a few times early in my career, and when the answer always came back "no" I got a separate bank account and brought the stuff I got into the basement or garage, and concealed it when she wasn't home.   But glad you tried anyway!
I almost got busted a few times.  For some odd reason she'd have to go to the basement and when she came up she'd say "John I don't remember seeing that cannon before, the one that's near the furnace."  "Oh sure honey, that's been there for years."  That line worked the first few times anyway.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »

Cannoneer,
I think everything you say is funny. ;D
Zulu

Zulu,
I hope you're exaggerating, at least a wee bit.

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 01:23:42 AM »
 I was just getting a check ready to mail but noticed that the paint on the carriage isn't original...
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Cannon Cocker

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 05:20:25 AM »
Where are the cwt numbers stamped on the gun.  I can't tell the position from the way it's taken so close up.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 05:56:42 AM »
CWT numbers are on breech face.