Author Topic: The Madness  (Read 1467 times)

Offline BruceP

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
The Madness
« on: January 12, 2013, 03:17:23 PM »
Well todays plans were for my wife and I to go to a gun show that started in town today. I wanted to look for either a Savage Striker (I know not the type handgun usually discussed here) or a S&W 686. I was also wanting to find some small pistol primers. I expected a good turn out with the political gun climate now. Even so we did not get in a big hurry. We got up and decided to go out for breakfast first. After a good meal at Cracker Barrel we headed to the trade center. The lot was full and it took a while to fine a parking spot, again expected. What was not expected was when we walked up the hill to where we could see the front of the building there was a line that looked like it would be at least an hour and a half to two hours just to get inside. My next thought was that when we did get in with that many people we probably would have trouble getting to the tables to look at anything. It was at that point that i decided they could not have anything in there that I needed that bad.
All the hype surounding guns and gun control today has made everyone just go nuts. I could really use the primers and also some bullets for 38 special practice loads but there is nothing else that I might run out of before things return to normal and with it being winter and not great shooting conditions I should have enough of those too.
Well at least I had a nice breakfast date with my wife.

Bruce
Lord, Please help me
Keep my small mind open
and my big mouth shut.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Re: The Madness
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »
I wish every one of those going to that gun show supported one of the gun rights protection groups. Think if that was the case nation wide.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:41:15 AM »
Well Dand, why don't you think they do?  :)

If they subscribe to a outdoor magazine, or buy a box of 22's from time to time, or a fishing or hunting license they are supporting gun protection.

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline FourBee

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 02:20:36 AM »
I heard some of those that made it into the gun shows this weekend.  Primers were not found.  Big impact on Brass too. Lots of ugly guns, but the popular stuff wasn't there either.  Here we go again.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »
How many times will we go through this.....guys buying stuff they don't ever intend to use sometimes.....
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 10:54:49 AM »
just wait a few mos to a coupl years you can then buy the stuff at 50 cents on the dollar. maybe as soon as the credit card bill arrives  ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BruceP

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »
I was told by someone I work with that they went into a newly opened gun shop that had three SKS rifles and they were asking $700 each for them.  :o
I haven't been in there yet and don't think that I will.

Bruce
Lord, Please help me
Keep my small mind open
and my big mouth shut.

Offline 3030guy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »
Well, look at the bright side, it might be the right time to sell that safe queen....

Offline DDZ

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 11:57:24 AM »
I was told by someone I work with that they went into a newly opened gun shop that had three SKS rifles and they were asking $700 each for them.  :o
I haven't been in there yet and don't think that I will.

Bruce

I remember I guy near me that opened a small gun shop about 20-23 years ago. He got in crates of SKS's and were selling them for 60 bucks each. I remember looking at them in the crates covered with cosmoline. I had an SKS at the time, and didn't think I needed to buy any more. If one could have only knew then, what they were going to be worth today. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BruceP

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »
I can rememember prices on the SKS at $89 but never bought one. Before this last run on everything they were high but not this high. In my opinion they are still not worth the price this guy was asking but you never know what people will pay at a time like this.

Bruce
Lord, Please help me
Keep my small mind open
and my big mouth shut.