Author Topic: Heres husseins 23 exec orders for the day. Read em and weep.  (Read 806 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Heres husseins 23 exec orders for the day. Read em and weep.
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:17:27 PM »

Here they are: the 23 Executive Orders to be signed today    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/16...osals-shortly/

1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."

2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."

4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."

5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."

6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers."

7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."

8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."

9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."

10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."

11. "Nominate an ATF director."

12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."

22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."

23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health." [/t][/c][/t]
Tim Sullivan is online now Add to Tim Sullivan's Reputation Report Post   [/t]
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Re: Heres husseins 23 exec orders for the day. Read em and weep.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:14:48 PM »
What about the gun ban, the mag ban and the background checks on all sales by private people?
Those three things were mentioned in his speech today on TV.
Or did he find out that he can't do anything about them without congress voting on them?

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 02:37:28 AM »
 Yessir, congress has to vote on those items and from what I've heard, not much chance of that happening.  J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:02:25 AM »
Except for maybe three things I don't see much problem with that list. Concerns please?
GuzziJohn

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:07:57 AM »
What I found interestiong about the "executive Orders" was that they really had nothing to do at all with gun crontrol in the sense of seriously restricting us on what we are already allowed to have.

As much as I hate to admitt it, a universal background check for private sales/ gun shows is not terrible.  Yes, it will allow the govnmt more knowledge as to where guns are at and who has them.  But it will close at least a couple windows for felons to get weapons.

While I am all about a more comprehensive check into mental stability, I worry about what they are going to loop into the "cannot have" group.  Does anyone that has ever been on an anti-depressant going to not be allowed to own a gun?  I know of females post- pregnancy that has had to go on anti-depressants for a bit.  They certainly are not mental cases though.  I sure hope there is a clear definition of what qualifies as "too mentally unstable" to own a firearm.

What I found ammusing was the video of him speaking.  IMO, you could clearly see his dissapointment and maybe even anger on how the american people kind of stopped him form going all out.  He surely cannot overlook the fact that gun sales have sky rocketed along with ammunition sales since the whole gun ban scare started.  Tie that in with some state LE officials threatening to not enforce any new laws and arresting fed agents coming into their jurasdictions attempting to enforce any new laws and I think he realizes that he might have awakened a sleeping giant.  I believe the american people have spoken in a sense through the gun and ammunition sales.  Hec, my state senator is even trying to make obama care illegal in IN.  I think people are just sick of it all.

The fact that he said, "If we want to ban assault style weapons and high cap mags, then Americans are going to have to want it.", tells me that he tried his butt off to institute immediate changes without congress approval but realized or was advised that if he did that, there could be a very real threat of opposition and defiance by people in power through out the US.  And when people of power start saying they are not going to enforce unconstitutional laws (instead of just yocals threatening civil war), folks are going to stand behind that I believe.  I also think that the Obama administration thinks the same thing.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 03:50:32 AM »
Simple fix, while in high school all students (unless they either have mental illness or have become criminals ) should be taught safe gun craft. They should learn the most important gun laws . Then they should be issued a card that says they are able to buy a gun(s). This would be good for life or until taken by a court or a doctor (working in a narrow frame work) . Then any person could buy a weapon any where in the USA . Then there would be no need to register gun owners as all Americans would be so if they wanted  ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 04:25:04 AM »

Here they are: the 23 Executive Orders to be signed today    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/16...osals-shortly/

1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."

2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."

4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."

5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."

6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers."

7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."

8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."

9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."

10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."

11. "Nominate an ATF director."

12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."

22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."

23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health." [/t][/c][/t]
Tim Sullivan is online now Add to Tim Sullivan's Reputation Report Post   [/t]
[/c]

Anybody that calls HIPAA an unnecessary legal barrier is a clear and present danger to gun owners and society in general.   To all you Democrats out there, you should be real proud of yourselves :( :( .  Same to all those who stayed home to pout instead of voting against the O, or voting for a lesser candidate, and reeelecting the O.  You should be real proud, as well.

ST762

We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 05:09:08 AM »
Simple fix, while in high school all students (unless they either have mental illness or have become criminals ) should be taught safe gun craft. They should learn the most important gun laws . Then they should be issued a card that says they are able to buy a gun(s). This would be good for life or until taken by a court or a doctor (working in a narrow frame work) . Then any person could buy a weapon any where in the USA . Then there would be no need to register gun owners as all Americans would be so if they wanted  ;)

when, and where, i was in high school...there was a JROTC shooting team...my last three years of HS were here in CA...firearms, in public, were not an uncommon sight

IMO, legislators and politicians, are creating more of a problem than they can deal with; i don't think they had any idea how much backlash they're going to receive!
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 06:25:36 AM »
I don't see much to be worried about here, except this business of expanding the definition of prohibited persons... that's potentially troublesome, and ought to be look at real closely.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 09:22:03 AM »
That list is really lame and I'm surprised that Obama was silly enough to be associated with it.  But maybe he knows his allies and how easily duped they are.

It seems to me that when you boil it down, the king took the NRA's advice and meekly conceded that pumping up security at schools is the way to go.

It does smack of someone, or something getting to the idiot and letting him know what a nest of hornets he was screwing with.  Could it be that Ole Harry Reid had a word with him?
Swingem

Offline ronbow

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 10:06:34 AM »
That list is really lame and I'm surprised that Obama was silly enough to be associated with it.  But maybe he knows his allies and how easily duped they are.

It seems to me that when you boil it down, the king took the NRA's advice and meekly conceded that pumping up security at schools is the way to go.

It does smack of someone, or something getting to the idiot and letting him know what a nest of hornets he was screwing with. Could it be that Ole Harry Reid had a word with him?
well it sure as hell wasn't Biden.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »
After glossing over this list I am still a bit confused. How would any of  these decrees by his majesty,  the king of Fantasy Land have prevented Sandy Hook?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »
I don't see much to be worried about here, except this business of expanding the definition of prohibited persons... that's potentially troublesome, and ought to be look at real closely.

I wouldn't be so sure. The HIPAA has provision in it to prevent the adjustment to current gun laws. Now that's being taken off the table. I believe the push for this weapons ban, although it sounds ridiculous, is because when someone is dressed in black, boots, beanie,  vest, gloves and AR, they blend in perfectly with SWAT and LEO's.  That's the clear and present danger, not one that's a threat to school children. The government never approaches problems head on. They side step and claim to have one agenda when truthfully, they have an entirely different one. The White House could care less about them kids or millions like them, they just want the frigging guns and especially the black ones.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 11:51:33 AM »
He's the President.  He had to do something.  Too many people that vote expected something from him.  I don't see much of a problem with any of the 23 items.  The big items, such as bans, will require a law change.  Just politics. 

Offline kennyd

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »
Is it the doc I talk with about hunting, or the one who thinks any gun in the home is a danger?  How long will it take the police to check up on me over a gun they took "by mistake" and will it come back unharmed?  Is "safe storage" rearing it's ugly head?  Are we head back to serialized number bullets, smart guns that only recognize the finger print of the owner, what is a report of "threat" by health acare people?

What is the cost and details of the background check?  Is my son in laws gun kept here his or mine, and are the grandkids guns that are earmarked. theirs yet?  or do I have to get them vetted everytime we trade off guns depending on who is doing what.

What will the "disease" control people find out depending on who the boss is? 
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »
To quote Rahm E.  "Never let a crisis go to waste." 

By the same token, when we are threatened by draconian gun laws, it is our opportunity, and our OBLIGATION to let congress and the admin, know how STRONGLY we feel about their threats.  I don't think they have felt the full force of our dedication to the principals on which this country was founded.  Yet.

We were not invaded by the Japanese70 years ago because they had reason to believe that there was a rifle behind every blade of grass in the good, old, US of A.  Those weapons are still there.

And Yes, I also noticed that the 23 executive ideas will not prevent even one more school shooting from happening..
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 03:00:28 PM »
i do have a problem with a lot of it.
it's nobody's business if i want to
sell or loan or give a firearm to someone
i know. i wouldn't give anything to or
associate with someone i even thought
would go and do harm to innocent people.

the big question i've always asked and
never got an answer to.
if a person is deranged and the potential is
there for them to do harm to anyone in society
at large, or if that person is a dangerous
criminal, why the hell do we allow that
person to roam at will ?

that's the question government should be
asking and that citizens should be asking.

surely there are more trustworthy people
than untrustworthy, so why do we try and
control the ones who don't need controlling?
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »

As much as I hate to admitt it, a universal background check for private sales/ gun shows is not terrible.  Yes, it will allow the govnmt more knowledge as to where guns are at and who has them.  But it will close at least a couple windows for felons to get weapons.
I think this is how hitler started his gun control.  like you, the german jews were willing to give up some freedom for a promise that they would be protected by the annointed one (hitler/obama)

besides, this will cause a financial burden for some people. of course that means nothing to liberals.
I especially like this part of your post. (it will allow the government more knowledge as to where guns are at and who has them)  how in the world is that going to keep felons from getting guns??
you can give up your freedom if you want, I'll fight for mine.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 03:35:55 PM »
I've worked in the mental health profession for years.  The diagnosis a person may get is not a predictor of violence.  It takes a court to order an assessment, usually at the hands of two medical doctors, over a period of ten days or so to determine if the person should be committed or just ordered to treatment.  If the person is committed, his case needs review in six months.

There is a much easier way to understand what must happen to keep us all safe.  Imagine that you live in Kalifornia and the Japanese are preparing to invade.  What would probably keep you safer?  The U.S. Marines, or a law that said no armed Japanese could land on the mainland unless their magazines were limited to less than ten rounds?

We know what we have to do, but what I don't understand is why we won't do it.
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 03:36:45 PM »
The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.   - Tench Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 02:52:15 AM »
good post
If ya can see it ya can hit it !