Author Topic: Obama's "justice" dept shocks ACLU.. says OK to bomb Americans  (Read 708 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Obama's "justice" dept shocks ACLU.. says OK to bomb Americans
« on: February 05, 2013, 06:20:38 AM »
  Obama's "justice" dept ;) ;D has written a  memo saying it is O.K. to Kill Americans with predator missles overseas, under certain circumstances.   
 http://news.yahoo.com/memo-sets-rationale-kill-qaida-linked-citizens-135927368--politics.html

Why is it a terrible crime to waterboard foreign terrorists caught on the battlefield; but BLOW AWAY Americans & their family members living in a dusty, small town in the mideast?    ...And this without questioning, or indictment..

What do you think?  How long before this practice will be brought home to Texas, Montana or West Virginia?

Dennis Kucinich (D Ohio) says 50%  of the people killed in these missle strikes are innocent bystanders.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Obama's "justice" dept shocks ACLU.. says OK to bomb Americans
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:17:36 AM »
One can only hope it is a bunch of Democrats that get "eliminated" as collateral damage.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:25:10 AM »
I thought some here wanted those Muslim types wiped out no matter what. Even Powderman has repeatably stated that there is no such thing as an American Muslim so I guess that drone just killed a Muslim leader awhile back not an American.
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:34:25 AM »
  Guzzi;
   I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of most libbies..OK to blast American terrorists away, perhaps with members of their families... but getting information to seek them out by pouring water in the nose of a Al Queda terrorist is "unforgivable torture..

Kill an Ameican born terrorist without a hearing, trial or conviction...but turn our justice system upside down..insisting Gitmo be closed and claiming a military coyurt wouldn't be "fair enough" for these terrorists..caught in the act..

Then again; perhaps you're one liberal who never complained about  enhanced interrogation..(AKA waterboarding)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:00:16 PM »
I can't imagine a better argument for impeachment.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 01:04:43 PM »
If they are in a foreign country, fighting, or plotting against America they are not Americans, just muslims and are fair game.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline rickt300

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 01:11:11 PM »
Believe it or not I am against a policy of murdering people with drones. A cowardly act in my opinion.  I prefer waterboarding to murder myself. Do you actually think we are winning "hearts and minds" with our Hellfire armed drones? Do you think the average populace, Muslim or otherwise is in any way going to be less likely to do us harm because of our Drone murder program?

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
Powderman, you are so absolutely correct.  Regardless of where he was born or what nationality he claims, if he's an enemy of America, he neither needs or deserves a trial.  Kill him by any means possible.  If the event is meant to be something derogatory towards Obama, we've got plenty of other ammo for that.  If he actually does something right, good for him.  I despise him more than you might imagine, but an enemy is an enemy. 

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »
I heard both Limbaugh and Hannity talking about that today.  Both related it to Obama allowing the killing of an American without trial with water-boarding an un-American terrorist is prohibited.  I always agree with both those respected talk show personalities, but not on this.  It seems even the conservatives are lowering themselves to pick up on anything they can make into negative news. 

We don't know what the gov't knows about the American citizen who got wasted.  They (not us)  know at least as much about what he was up to as they know about any Muslim who is struck down by a drone or a helicopter or a sniper.  Somehow, just like in the Sandy Hook events, we believe we are entitled to all the information the gov't has.  We surely are not so entitled.  If you can't have a Republican in office, you don't want any gov't at all.  If Bush had ordered the killing, it would have been okay.  Your hate for liberals and Obama is taking you down toward the level of liberals. 

America runs on confidential intelligence.  Wars are won or lost based on secret information.  You ain't privy to that information.  The public cannot be trusted with the details of how gov't works.  You'd blab it every time and the nation would suffer.  Back off.  Let the warriors who protect the nation do their job.   

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »
Greybeard told me I always seem to post in favor of the gov't, like that is something bad, like what the heck am I doing on this forum if I believe in my own government's decisions.  If Obama and his administration are in power, if his stance on gay marriage and abortion and gun control is more than you can stand, move.  Move to whatever country you think has a better government.  I hate his position on those issues, but I also know that we must have a federal system of government.  It's bad, it's real bad, but it's much worse in every other part of the globe. 

Abortion is murder.  Gay marriage is an abomination.  Gun control is a flagrant violation of our rights.  Cutting the military budget is a grievous error.  Bailouts are the ultimate form of stupidity.  Obamacare is a total screw up.  But still, the Democrats got in, the citizens of the country elected Obama, and Democrats are calling the shots.  Despise the person, but respect the office.  Don't allow yourselves to make complaints you wouldn't make if Republicans were in.       

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »
Mike;
   A word of caution..don't be too sure that they got the election fair & square.  Especially when you consider how many illegals voted and when a major city has 59 precincts with no. none, not one single vote for Romney..  Just doesn't add up to a fair win..(IMO).
   Then consider the millions of votes he bought with OUR tax money..  Millions of free cell phones and millions of free food stamps..all bought with our tax money...

Offline powderman

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 06:12:05 AM »
Mike;
   A word of caution..don't be too sure that they got the election fair & square.  Especially when you consider how many illegals voted and when a major city has 59 precincts with no. none, not one single vote for Romney..  Just doesn't add up to a fair win..(IMO).
   Then consider the millions of votes he bought with OUR tax money..  Millions of free cell phones and millions of free food stamps..all bought with our tax money...

IG. True Sir. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 08:08:36 AM »
As long as they're on foreign soil, especially in a combat zone, they are not covered by US laws. I expect our troops to kill off anyone they deem to be a threat to the lives of US troops. Where they came from does not matter. Al Queda fighters come from all over the middle east--- what difference does it make if a few are from here? Sure, capture them if you can--- then hang them as traitors. All terrorists are civilians.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 08:24:41 AM »
As long as they're on foreign soil, especially in a combat zone, they are not covered by US laws. I expect our troops to kill off anyone they deem to be a threat to the lives of US troops. Where they came from does not matter. Al Queda fighters come from all over the middle east--- what difference does it make if a few are from here? Sure, capture them if you can--- then hang them as traitors. All terrorists are civilians.
all terrorist are not civilians , anyone who uses terror to force people to their political goals are terrorist. It has been praticed by the right , the left , by armies , govt., etc etc.
There is a difference in being on a battle field and being targeted. I have no desire to protect those who try to destory America but I also say we need to protect our laws. American's have rights under the law and should not be denied those rights. That said a person not willing to come to court should be tried in their absent. IE, due process of law if you will. The concept of a short cut or end run around the law should not be allowed.

If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 09:07:11 AM »
They don't have Constitutional rights on foreign soil. That goes back at least as far as Nixon. If they're breaking any but military law, they'd have to be breaking Afghani law. It's not a legal matter; it's a military decision. I'm not arguing the point.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »
Translation: "As long as Obama or some other liberal president is the one who is ordering the killing of Americans on foriegn soil I have no problem with it. This action could only be considered murder if it were being carried out by a republican president."
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 02:45:25 PM »
Not what I said at all. Of all the things GW did that I disagree with, using drones for strikes against the enemy is not one of them. Even if the target are (former) Americans assisting the enemy on foreign soil.Getting us into two wars we couldn't pay for was wrong, and about the stupidest thing GW ever did, but I have no problem with whatever is needed to protect the troops--- my son was one, after all. The US ought to fight to win, if it fights--- those "Americans" picked the wrong side.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 02:53:22 PM »

Ironglow, I figured you to be in favor of shocking the ALCU... didn't you once all them the American Communist Liberals Association, or something like that? Or maybe I'm thinkin' of someone else?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »
If an american citizen is killed overseas while exchanging fire with US troops that is one thing. Targeting a citizen for termination with an unmanned aerial vehicle is wrong. It is an assasination. It seems too close to a lynching to me. An execution with no trial. If they are willing to send a machine to execute a citizen without a trial over there how long will it be before they are willing to do it right here?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 03:12:52 PM »
  Not long at all,, fine line between an American "terrorist" over there and an American "terrorist" over here. They're just trying to normalize the idea. J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 04:22:35 AM »

Ironglow, I figured you to be in favor of shocking the ALCU... didn't you once all them the American Communist Liberals Association, or something like that? Or maybe I'm thinkin' of someone else?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I don't really care if the ACLU is shocked, flocked, crocked..or eradicated!  The fact that it was Obama who did it only adds to the entertainment.
   Can we just for a moment consider how thw biased major media would have handled it, had it been Geo bush doing the drone wipeouts?  Shucks!  They had kittens when they learned Geo bush authorized the FBI to simply listen to American-born terrorist's phone calls!   ..Say nothing about killing them and their kids..

My major concern isn't for the terrorists, but for a man who has already mentioned a brownshirt army...setting a precedent of  blasting Americans he doesn't like with Hellfire missles.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 05:29:20 AM »
I agree that American citizens should get more respect than foreigners. My point is do any of you think our murder by drone policy will in any way reduce the hate for us the radical Islamist's carry with a fervor? Consider the collateral damage done and the obvious cowardice of the act itself. Does this seem American to you? If waterboarding caused enhanced recruitment in terrorist ranks then how much help is murder by drone giving the terrorist recruitment drive? In fact murder by drone is an act of terrorism. Do any of you see my point?

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 05:35:06 AM »
I was opposed to water-boarding and aerial assassination when Bush did it and I'm opposed to it now. I thought Bush's two wars were insane and I still think they are insane. I think it insane that we have become involved in the "Arab spring" mess, choosing sides with no reason to believe the side we have chosen will be a friend to us or kindly to the people. I think it already quite clear that the common people of that region were better off before we got involved and they have no reason to love us for our involvement.
 I see people here repeatedly saying it's OK to torture terrorists, it's OK to blow up terrorists but you all overlook the very important word "suspected". We have been torturing "suspected" terrorists to find out if they indeed are terrorists and the more we don't learn the more we torture them. Quite often the grounds for suspicion are very shaky, just being in the wrong place at the wrong time or associating with someone who also is suspected of something. That is why a civilized nation holds trials to determine guilt, they do not torture people to determine guilt. Right here in the US we all know of instances where someone was arrested for something they did not do. Do we say "well they wouldn't have been arrested if they didn't do something"? Do we just send them off to prison for what they are suspected of having done? Yes, I guess a lot of you would say that but thank goodness and our founding fathers that in this country we have a system of reasonably fair trial.
 And I see people saying in a war zone anything goes. Well OK, are we now at war with Pakistan, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, the whole mid-east and north Africa? Have we granted the government the power to declare a war zone anywhere it likes without consulting the country involved nor even our own congress? How does blowing up foreign nationals in their own country make us look anything but the bully of lesser nations? You kill one suspected terrorists, maybe, and you certainly alienate the entire populace, and you think that makes us safer?
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.