Author Topic: Pardner Pump Compact...Walnut stock available?  (Read 508 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Pardner Pump Compact...Walnut stock available?
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:12:17 AM »
Hi guys, I have a friend at work that wants to buy a 20 gauge Pardner Pump Compact with a walnut (finished) stock. They are listed as available on the H&R website but there is no model number given. He called H&R and after checking a woman there said they are listed but it is a misprint and she does not think they are available.
I know there is a lot of incorrect information given out by H&R lately so does anyone have any idea if that combo (as depicted and described) in the online H&R catalog is available? If so how would he go about getting the correct model number?
Thanks....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline jeffcneal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Pardner Pump Compact...Walnut stock available?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »
MSP Ret:

Sorry to tell you this, but I was told that the Compact will only be offered with a synthetic stock from now on :( .

regards,
Jeff
Most people are sheep, some are wolves.  I'm a sheepdog.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:09:38 AM »
Thanks Jeff, why is it that most changes I come across are the opposite that I would like to see? I would rather have them discontinue the youth synthetic stock than the nice youth length Walnut stock. If anyone knows of a dealer or supplier that has a walnut stocked 20 gauge Pardner Pump Compact in stock, or any other place I can get one, please advise me...Thanks....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline jeffcneal

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »
MSP Ret:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  I've got a feeling that it looked so much better than the 870 Express Youth model that some executives were "turning Green" with envy ;D !  I've been thinking about getting the HD 12 gauge myself before Remington offers it up as a sacrifice.  I've hunted with both the 12 and 20 gauge guns and they seem to be every bit as good as the 870 Express.  Even though it's synthetic, suggest to your friend that he give it a try.  From my experience, I don't think he'll be sorry.

regards,
Jeff

Offline jeffcneal

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:45:22 PM »
MSP Ret:

Not to beat it to death, but the furniture actually looks pretty good for synthetic when you see it 1st hand.  Just my opinion of course.

regards,
Jeff