Author Topic: remington is wacky  (Read 1098 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
remington is wacky
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:35:33 AM »
$ 180.oo for a new single shot h&r pardner shotgun? Lets see,...by the time you pay that, pay for background check, pay to have it registered, sales tax and shipping. We now have a total of about $ 230.oo just for a brandy new single shot smoothbore. Thanks Obama for nothing! Thanks Remington for not helping the cause! scout4

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: remington is wacky
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:27:09 AM »
I suggest buying used, and face-to-face.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline spruce

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:31:24 AM »
I hear ya.  The price of everything is going up as fast as they can change the price tags!

And it's not just guns and ammo either, it's household goods, tools, clothes, food (some real big increases in this lately), just about anything you can think of.  The consequences of the Fed printing billions of dollars of valueless money is really starting to kick in.  I'm afraid we're seeing just the tip of the iceberg in massive inflation that's coming.

Buying used is still a smart way to go, but those prices are going up also.  Buy as soon as you can and buy as many as you can!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:43:15 AM »
I hear ya.  The price of everything is going up as fast as they can change the price tags!

And it's not just guns and ammo either, it's household goods, tools, clothes, food (some real big increases in this lately), just about anything you can think of.  The consequences of the Fed printing billions of dollars of valueless money is really starting to kick in.  I'm afraid we're seeing just the tip of the iceberg in massive inflation that's coming.

Buying used is still a smart way to go, but those prices are going up also.  Buy as soon as you can and buy as many as you can!
I've got all the guns and ammo I can tote.  also a lot of food, water, meds etc.  Right now I'm concentrating on buying silver.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline scout4

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:27:19 AM »
I understand what you say. The prepping stuff. But this is about Remington. Seems they just gotta kick that price up on something that has traditionally been an affordable gun for lots an lots of hunting folks, and this to me is nothing more than taking advantage. I haven't cared for Remington arms for a long time, now I think they really suck!...I be buying a foreign manufactured gun that will do the same exact thing.  scout4

Offline spruce

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 06:02:45 AM »
The powers that be who control Remington really have no interest in firearms manufacturing, just care about the bottom line.

Sad to watch what happens when a once great firearms manufacturer like Remington is taken over by bean counters.

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:46:04 AM »
The powers that be who control Remington really have no interest in firearms manufacturing, just care about the bottom line.

Sad to watch what happens when a once great firearms manufacturer like Remington is taken over by bean counters.
I am in corporate America and trust me, this trend is not limited to Remington.
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline superd

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 11:36:04 AM »
wait a minute  Remington is providing you with a shotgun for $180.00 and government and shipping are adding another $50.00 and your pissed at Remington? who is wacky?  maybe the price of the shotgun isn't what it used to be but raw material and labor are increasing. what is gov't doing with that money and what are they providing? oh yea they are supporting some crack whore who keeps squirtin out more crack heads.

Offline just-an-illusion

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »
Quote: " oh yea they are supporting some crack whore who keeps squirtin out more crack heads."

YEP, typical liberal/demo-crap way of thinking. It insures future votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those future crack heads will support the liberal/demo-crap aggenda just like momma crack head.

Kinda hard to walk away from the hand that feeds you.

Offline TxGun

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
  • Retired
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
What's Walmarts's price on a Pardner right now? Last time I was in there, it was $117.00. Of course that was a month/6 weeks ago.

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »
Just before Christmas Bi Mart had a 20 gauge Pardner for $120.  I figured I'd go in after the holidays and get it but it was gone and they're not carrying them any more.  Either they can't order them or the guy at the gun counter didn't know how to...

Tony

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »
And the gun show I just went to had one 20ga. Pardner used, good condition only at $140 and a half beater 410 at $120..........as the new prices go up the used track along  :( .
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »
And the gun show I just went to had one 20ga. Pardner used, good condition only at $140 and a half beater 410 at $120..........as the new prices go up the used track along  :( .

Those are about the prices that I saw a few months ago at a show.  Found a 20ga in good condition at a pawn shop a little latter and walked out the door with it for $75.  I don't go to gun shows anymore, for me anyway it's just paying to window shop.  I do stop in the pawn shops when I'm in the area though.  Still kicking myself for not walking out with a good shape straight stock 410.  :(

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 04:11:17 PM »
A gun store that I frequent usually has a couple used Pardners in stock, usually for $100 or so. I went in the other day and he didn't have any. I asked him why not and he said that someone from L.L. Bean came in and bought them and some of his other firearms to resell at their store.  :o
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 04:24:25 PM »
Just before Christmas Bi Mart had a 20 gauge Pardner for $120.  I figured I'd go in after the holidays and get it but it was gone and they're not carrying them any more.  Either they can't order them or the guy at the gun counter didn't know how to...

Tony

I talked with the mgr at the Falk rd store yesterday, they no longer use All-Sports as their firearms supplier, their new supplier doesn't stock near as many H&R's as All-Sports did, but she did have a list of the supplier's inventory to check, unfortunately no 45-70 in stock which is what you were looking for before, I didn't ask about any others but will next time I'm there.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain