Author Topic: leupold hog 1-4x with lightup reticle  (Read 510 times)

Offline woods

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
leupold hog 1-4x with lightup reticle
« on: March 13, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »
     Has anyone tried one of these 1-4x hog scopes from leupold?  I'm looking for a good fast scope for my 45-70 levergun liked the looks of this one and what I've read about them. Just wondering if anyone has had hands on experience with them?

woods

Offline eastbank

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: leupold hog 1-4x with lightup reticle
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:16:02 AM »
i have several regular 1x4 leupolds that work fine(no lighted rets),but i can,t see why they would not work. eastbank.

Offline Hairy Chest

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: leupold hog 1-4x with lightup reticle
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:12:10 AM »
i have several regular 1x4 leupolds that work fine(no lighted rets),but i can,t see why they would not work. eastbank.

I used the Leupold 1-4 Var II on Marlin Guide Gun.  Now it is on my Model 92.  Eye relief is inadequate at 4X for 45-70 if you use level two or three loads.  On the Guide Gun I switch to Leupold fixed 2.5X.  That has the better eye relief.  Using the other at 1X is a great benefit though.  Put it on a picatiney and move it forward if you get it. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.