Author Topic: Winchester 94 Saddle ring ,Need info .  (Read 983 times)

Offline 30HERRETT

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Winchester 94 Saddle ring ,Need info .
« on: January 20, 2013, 04:31:31 AM »
Winchester 94 Saddle ring ,Need info .

I have a 94 that was made in 1923 .
I need some info to determine if the magazine is correct length on the the gun .
It has a 3/4 mag ,caliber is 32 spl .

Is there a web sight that give the correct lengths of the mag,barrels and stocks etc ?

Thanks for the help .

30Herrett

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Winchester 94 Saddle ring ,Need info .
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:37:52 AM »
FWIW, in 1923, various magazine lengths were just one, of many, factory options available.
The only way to ascertain whether or not your Winchester was born that way would to obtain ($$$) a Cody letter, which would describe the config as it left the factory.

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline 30HERRETT

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:02:22 AM »
I called Cody and they said Winchester lost all records for that year and others in a fire in the 60's and they can not help me .

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 04:13:34 AM »
Then let the gun speak for itself :

If the full-length magazine had been shortened, the original forward attachment receptors in the bottom of the barrel (a cross-groove for the barrel band pin and/or a small hole for the mag end cap screw), near the front sight, will still be there.

If the SRC was born with the shorter magazine, the bottom of the barrel, up there near the front sight, should be as smooth as a baby's butt.

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !