Author Topic: Ground Zero gawker sues for garbage-truck injury  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Ground Zero gawker sues for garbage-truck injury
« on: February 13, 2004, 08:16:01 AM »
Ground Zero gawker sues for garbage-truck injury

A freelance photographer who suffered brain damage after falling off a garbage truck he climbed atop to take pictures of Ground Zero is suing the carting company for $50 million.

Lawyers for the victim, Robert Levin, accuse Waste Management LLP and its truck driver of "failure to respect the plaintiff's rights as a pedestrian," according to court papers filed in Brooklyn Supreme Court.

The carting company's attorney said Levin's own "negligence, carelessness and recklessness" caused him to fall off the truck on Dec. 19, 2001, at 1:40 a.m.

Levin sneaked on top of the truck, which was parked near Greenwich and Carlisle Sts. in lower Manhattan, to get a better view of the site of the terrorist attack.

"Obviously, he never thought in a million years the truck would move, so I don't think his actions were negligent," said Levin's lawyer Howard Klar of Manhattan.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline jh45gun

Ground Zero gawker sues for garbage-truck i
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 03:37:33 PM »
Another BS lawsuit unfortunately there has been some doozys won in the past so now days lawyers will sue for any reason and a lot of times win for big money. Talk about corruption :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 03:44:49 PM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Another BS lawsuit unfortunately there has been some doozys won in the past so now days lawyers will sue for any reason and a lot of times win for big money. Talk about corruption :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  Jim
Of course, one should note venue of this litigation, say Dali Llama...

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 02:43:05 PM »
I guess they should have put a big yellow warning sticker on the garbage truck that said Caution: Truck May Move Without Notice-No Riders. :-D  :eek:
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 02:48:43 PM »
Quote from: Nightrain52
I guess they should have put a big yellow warning sticker on the garbage truck that said Caution: Truck May Move Without Notice-No Riders. :-D  :eek:
Even then some zealous lawyer would likely say sign not prominent enough to be seen, say Dali Llama. :(  :(

Offline Slug-Gunner

Pedestrian??
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »
Lawyers for the victim, Robert Levin, accuse Waste Management LLP and its truck driver of "failure to respect the plaintiff's rights as a pedestrian," according to court papers filed in Brooklyn Supreme Court.
[/b]

Since when does a "pedestrian" have "rights" to walk on top of a garbage truck. Sounds like the judge was "remiss" at that point in not simply throwing the case out as a "Frivolous Law Suite".
 :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :roll:  :eek:
HUNT SAFELY - THINK AT ALL TIMES!