Author Topic: special run model 70's from Grice's  (Read 1165 times)

Offline whelen36

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
special run model 70's from Grice's
« on: April 15, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »
looks like grice's have had a few custom m70's made up, a jack o'connor  special in .270. a anniversary model 70 with a fajun style walnut stock with maple fore end and grip caps, and a maple stocked model 70 feather weight with maple stock in ( for 2012 ) .308 and ( for 2013 ) .257 roberts with engraved floor plates with inlays. any body have one of them, i'de like to get the feather weight in the roberts, any thoughts ?????
that 11-pointer was too perty to let you have it - ( dale earnhardt )

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: special run model 70's from Grice's
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 06:48:31 PM »
I seen a write up about them in a recent gun mag.  Seemed like nice rifles.  I think the 257 R was Elanor's (Jacks wife) favorite caliber.  I have handled a couple of the newest CRF model 70's, and they seem very well made.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline mrbumps

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: special run model 70's from Grice's
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:23:46 AM »
The 257 Roberts Featherweight was a 2012 Shot Show special.  I picked one up and it's very nice.  It's built on a long action so you can seat the heavier bullets further out.  They are making the same rifle this year in 7x57mm.  The Jack O'Connor 70's were also 2012 models, but I am seeing quite a few around lately.  They come in two grades, the Tribute, and Custom Tribute.  The Custom has nicer wood, a metal butt plate (vs recoil pad on Tribute), and comes with soft case.   They are beautiful rifles.  The Custom runs about $600 more than the Tribute.