Author Topic: Especially for those who view things through the prism of race..  (Read 1389 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  Here is an excellent replacement for Barack Hussein Obama..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PFb6NU1giRA

For the rest of us who are not consumed with concerns about race....Here is a man who deserves much respect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU700OAvkn4

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Re: Especially for those who view things through the prism of race..
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 03:49:04 AM »
Dr Carson has been presented hundreds of honors and awards, many beyond his chosen field of medicine.  Indeed, a brilliant, accomplished and caring man.  One who started with all the most common strikes against him, he rose to prominence in spite of the obstacles. 
   http://www.answers.com/topic/benjamin-carson

http://www.tntdrama.com/stories/story/?oid=44661
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 04:51:23 AM »
Great speech! Wonder how many black votes he would get if he ran for President?
One thing I noticed is that he spoke about how important education is. During his talk with Hannity he said that its rare when the truth is spoken anymore. He said that one of the real dangers is that people don't know anything, especially history. The media is able to tell them what to think. He said that our nation will fundamentally change when people become so ignorant, they can be easily led. How true that is.

In his speech he talked about when we had slavery, the slaves were not allowed to go to school, and the reason for that was because to educate a man was to liberate a man. Hmmm... today we have a different kind of slavery. The slaves are allowed to go to school, they just are not taught anything they need to know.
He mentioned Rome and how moral decay and fiscal irresponsibility bought on their demise. Sounds like the path we are on.
Mr. Carson would make a great president, but I think we all know he would never have a chance to get elected. His character just doesn't fit the character of this nation anymore.
It looked like Obama was in pain during Mr. Carsons speech. Wonder why that was.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 07:07:51 AM »
obama spent 20 years listening to rev wright praying for God to damn America.
It's no wonder he wants to destroy freedom and control the whites.  most blacks fell right in line with him.
he hates a man such as this who speaks the truth, because if people hear the truth, the truth will set them free.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 08:06:17 AM »
DDZ asks;
    "Great speech! Wonder how many black votes he would get if he ran for President? "
   He doesn't need all of them..he could just skim off the top 20% of the IQs! ;)

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:35:26 AM »
I love the analogy of the two birds the guy bought for his mother on Mother's Day.  Funny as hec, but hit the nail on the head!!!
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 07:04:10 AM »
It was revealing to watch everyone clap during his speech- except for the commander in Chief.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »
I don't know if I would want this fellow to be president or not! (Perhaps)There are thousands of well educated, articulate people in the country.Some of them come with conservative ideas. Some with Liberal views.Just because he looks the part, speaks well, and espouses my views is not enough reason to get my vote.What about their history? Just because S. Hannity had him on his show, and heaped praise and adoration on him, is not enough in my book. I would want to look a little closer at him before I made up my mind.Being Black, Conservative, and a good speaker isn't enough by itself to qualify.

Because voters have elected a Black Liberal as President, do we need to elect a Black Conservative to show we are not racists? From what I hear, this guy is a great Doctor. We need good American Doctors in this country.Most I see today in the system are from India or some other foreign country."Being realistic" we know no one is going to come from obscurity to national recognition because of a talk show host and a handful of people on  conservative web sites.What's next? A good looking, Black female lesbian Conservative, to show we are not  racist, homophobic,chauvinistic, conservatives? ;) JMHO! I think we need to look a little deeper, at those we would run for the highest offices in the land.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »

You do not know that, Defoe. I challenge you to read the sermon with that infamous line, and then come back to me and tell me just exactly where it was that Wright was wrong.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 02:42:18 AM »
I gotta believe Obama  was clueless about Dr.Carson and the speech he was going to make. He had to be real uncomfortable sitting up there with the good Dr. expressing comman sense solutions that flew right in the face of the policies that Obama  is pushing. Dr. Carson's story is even more impressive when you consider  what he and his mother overcame to get where they are today.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 02:46:28 AM »
I gotta believe Obama  was clueless about Dr.Carson and the speech he was going to make. He had to be real uncomfortable sitting up there with the good Dr. expressing comman sense solutions that flew right in the face of the policies that Obama  is pushing. Dr. Carson's story is even more impressive when you consider  what he and his mother overcame to get where they are today.
If obama had foreknowledge of his speech, it wouldn't have been made.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 03:35:15 AM »

You do not know that, Defoe. I challenge you to read the sermon with that infamous line, and then come back to me and tell me just exactly where it was that Wright was wrong.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There are plenty of examples...but that line alone was enough!  Any American who would sit through that..would stand for anything..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 03:56:57 AM »
I don't know if I would want this fellow to be president or not! (Perhaps)There are thousands of well educated, articulate people in the country.Some of them come with conservative ideas. Some with Liberal views.Just because he looks the part, speaks well, and espouses my views is not enough reason to get my vote.What about their history? Just because S. Hannity had him on his show, and heaped praise and adoration on him, is not enough in my book. I would want to look a little closer at him before I made up my mind.Being Black, Conservative, and a good speaker isn't enough by itself to qualify.

Because voters have elected a Black Liberal as President, do we need to elect a Black Conservative to show we are not racists? From what I hear, this guy is a great Doctor. We need good American Doctors in this country.Most I see today in the system are from India or some other foreign country."Being realistic" we know no one is going to come from obscurity to national recognition because of a talk show host and a handful of people on  conservative web sites.What's next? A good looking, Black female lesbian Conservative, to show we are not  racist, homophobic,chauvinistic, conservatives? ;) JMHO! I think we need to look a little deeper, at those we would run for the highest offices in the land.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Of course we don't know for sure whether or not he would be a good president.  The simple fact is..many peoplke voted into the office are an unknown quantity..certainly best illustrated by the cvurrent occupant of the oval office.
    However, no matter how we feel about any given candidate, there is no point in their running for the office, unless thay arte actually electable.  I might like to see the most conservative, fire-breathing preacher of the Gospel run for the office...but being realistic, I know he could not be elected.
    At present we have several medical doctors including Dr Paul in the congress and they are doing a credible job.
  With Dr Carson, if he can fill all the other criteria opposed to whoever the Democ-rats can offer, such as Biden, Clinton or Pelosi.. he would be worth electing, rather than just accepting what the radical left tries to shove onto the country.  He has already stated a strong departure from the "big government" model emphasized by most Democrats.
   The fact that he is black has little to do with it..other than the possibility he may garner some of the somewhat deeper thinking portion of the solid 96% of blacks who will only vote for another black person.
   As I said in the OP, Dr Carson would be a good replacement for BHO..there are of course, hundreds of others who would be a good replacement for him..   Matter of fact... big Joe our local dog catcher, would no doubt make much more sensible decisions than the reprobate presently holding that position.. ;) :D

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 04:02:53 AM »

Your true colors are showing YT!
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 04:11:59 AM »
One thing is for sure; if a white man--especially a white man who had any connection to the Tea Party had given a speech that contained some of the comments that the good doctor made, that white man would have been nailed to the cross by all of the liberal media.  He would be condemned by Calypso Louie and put on their hit list.  But then, he wouldn't have been allowed to make the speech at that ocassion in the first place.

So double good to Dr. Carson.  If he caused Osama some pain--all the better.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 04:17:46 AM »
For your perusal..quotes from Rev Jeremiah Wright;
   http://righthandthief.blogspot.com/2008/03/least-favorite-jeremiah-wright-quotes.html

Offline DDZ

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 09:58:27 AM »
Russ Vaughn's calls Carson's speech an ambush, which it was because Obama was unable to spew his bag of lies.   

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/02/ambush_at_hilton_hollow.html
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »
That was probably the last time a speech given in Obama's presence was not vetted first.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 02:37:34 PM »
That was probably the last time a speech given in Obama's presence was not vetted first.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx
  You're probably correct there BBF!  Perhaps Obama just assumed Dr carson would be just another guy marching lock-step to the Obamatune..

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 03:03:16 PM »
I have no problem with a black president.  Herman was my first choice when they were eliminating candidates.  The fact that Obama is black, or sort of black, is the reason he got elected, which is shameful for the U.S.  But if the black population will only vote for a black candidate, that would be good for the conservatives, IF we had one that had a brain, which Obama does not.  He's a Muslim at heart.  He is working for the Muslims.  He has gained a position that allows him to promote Muslims.  But black ain't got nothing to do with it.  If he were just black and not such a liar and an actual enemy . . . no, I can't think of a single reason to have a black Muslim in office.   

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »

It's not nice to keep trying to embarrass the President.  Obama should now flex his Presidential muscles against loudmouths like Hannity. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 07:53:25 PM »
I saw Dr. Carson interviewed on Fox today.  very smart man.  he hinted that obamas handshake was sort of half hearted.  obama was fuming during the DRs speech, you could see his jaws get tight.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 11:44:36 PM »
I saw Dr. Carson interviewed on Fox today.  very smart man.  he hinted that obamas handshake was sort of half hearted. 

That might stem from his homosexual past.  :D

Mike in V, I disagree. Yes the blacks voted for Obama, but I don't think it was because he was black. It was because they saw him as their santa clause. There have been righteous black men, that blacks could have voted for in the past, but they avoided them like the plague.  If Obama had Allen Keyes views. What do you think would have happened?