Author Topic: "Young Turks"..shaking up Republicans..(and Democrats)  (Read 262 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
"Young Turks"..shaking up Republicans..(and Democrats)
« on: February 16, 2013, 12:56:16 AM »
  There is a new brand of elected representative in the US Senate.. a brand which is rattling the cages of the old monkeys on both sides of the aisle.  Serves them right; they have long ago given up on serving the people as they were elected to do..
  Oh..the old monkeys will serve the people all right...long after they serve themselves and all their financial supporters, brother-in-laws and privileged minority groups!  That holds true... if anything is left over!
   Along comes a breed of "Young Turks" ..who are bound they will serve the people...and the old guard simians don't like it.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/16/us/politics/ted-cruz-runs-counter-to-courtly-ways-of-the-senate.html?_r=1&

I speak not to the hopeless liberals, nor even to the psuedo-liberals (Rinos) here, but to the genuine, full conservatives when I say;

For right now our last, best hope lies in the Tea Party.. they are the ONLY ones working for conservative, constitutional principles.

How can I prove they are doing a good job?  Easy, just look how the most radical liberals truly HATE the Tea Party... while they practically ignore the old Rinos..

Just FYI;
   Here, from the second page of the article cited above, are some of the "Young Turks" who are shaking up the old monkeys:
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
   Chris Chocola, the president of the Club for Growth, a conservative free-market political action committee that strongly backed Mr. Cruz in his victory last year against the establishment’s favorite, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, said the new senator was doing precisely what he had expected. The growing caucus of ardent conservatives — Mr. Cruz, Mr. Paul, Marco Rubio of Florida, Patrick J. Toomey of Pennsylvania, Jeff Flake of Arizona, Mike Lee of Utah, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Tim Scott of South Carolina — has begun reshaping what it means to be a Republican in the Senate, he said.       
“The last thing we need is another status quo senator or congressman who will go along to get along,” said former Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina, who pumped money into Mr. Cruz’s campaign, then left the Senate to lead the conservative Heritage Foundation
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
Re: "Young Turks"..shaking up Republicans..(and Democrats)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:24 AM »
 I've been watching these guys coming into office and have great hope they'll be making a difference. Rep. Tim Scott is from nearby and I've been very impressed with his beliefs and values, I'm glad to see more and more black conservatives stepping up.   J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB