Author Topic: tokarev rear sight  (Read 684 times)

Offline zacharoo

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
tokarev rear sight
« on: March 16, 2013, 08:57:07 AM »
Anyone know of a place to have adjustable sights installed on a model213 tokarev 9mm?
Zacharoo

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: tokarev rear sight
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 02:26:45 AM »
Zack:  not right off the bat but if you find someone, let us know.  I have thought of a rear adjustable for my Tok but never got anywhere with it.  I felt that the size of the Tok slide pretty much eliminated any rear sights except possibly the older style MMC sights for the 1911s or a set of S&W rear sights for a j-frame, and you would probably have to get the rear slide slot milled on the Tok slide to accept a different sight. 
Since yours is a M213, it should be 9mm and I will betcha that the sights are regulated for the 7.62x25mm round, not the 9mm.  The original Tok round shoots a heck of a lot flatter than the 9mm, so you would probalby have to build up the front sight with something like JB Weld or a bonding agent.  I found I needed to open up my rear sight notch to get a decent sight picture on my Tok but once I did that I was happy with the way she hit.  One thing Inoticed about my Tok early on was that she shot flat out to 100 yds, and I just needed to make certain I had a good sight picture to do so.  HTH.

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: tokarev rear sight
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:35:10 PM »
Are you talking T33s?
Steve
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!