Author Topic: Baush and Lomb  (Read 726 times)

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
Baush and Lomb
« on: February 10, 2013, 03:09:34 AM »
My neighbor stopped by on his way home from an auction with a Ruger 77 chambered in 7mm mag. topped off with a Baush and Lomb 2-7 variable. It struck me as being a nice compact scope.  Anyone know anything about them?

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: Baush and Lomb
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »
   B&L is now owned by Bushnell. I could be wrong but i think the Bushnell Elite is the B&L.

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »
Related maybe.   I've had several spotting scopes, couple so called higher end, but only my B&L from the early 50's still resides with me... none of the others do.
Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 12:24:51 AM »
good scope and in there day were as good as scopes costing twice there price. technology like in everything else has raised the bar on scopes and the old bl scopes arent as good as some of the newer models but that scope would probably still give any 200 dollar new scope a run for its money. I even have a couple old bushnell scopechief 2.5x8s left. there the 0nly old scopes ive held on too. theres certainly better glass out there today but those old scopechiefs again still give mid priced scopes a run for there money.
blue lives matter

Offline jeff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
B&L produced excellent scopes.  The current Bushnell 4200 is a take off of the B&L Elite 4000. Absolutely nothing wrong with that scope at all.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:06:42 AM »
the older b&l scopes are more comparable to 3200 bushnells, at least to my eyes. The 4200s have alot better glass. Not that theres anything glaringly wrong with a 3200.
blue lives matter

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 01:22:42 AM »
Actually the only thing wrong with any of the bushnell product line is the lack of willingness by the company to honor their warranty. So I don't buy from them any more.  ;)

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 12:49:21 AM »
you got that right. I really like there 4200 scopes but after the hastle they gave me i wouldnt buy another if it were a 100 bucks!!
Actually the only thing wrong with any of the bushnell product line is the lack of willingness by the company to honor their warranty. So I don't buy from them any more.  ;)

Regards,
blue lives matter

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 07:00:03 AM »
My 60+ year old B&L has never needed service, so I never felt the need to buy a newer one from them.   The other brands I bought for big bucks I thought I needed for the more power they offered, I didn't.   ;)
Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus