Author Topic: Decent reasonable EER scope?  (Read 640 times)

Offline deerman12

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
Decent reasonable EER scope?
« on: February 07, 2013, 10:01:06 AM »
I have a taurus model 62 pump that I am mounting a scope on.  It mounts up where the back iron sight is.  My question is...this is just a plinker that I do not want to tie up a lot of money in optics.  What is a decent ER scope for say $100 or less? Thanks

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
Re: Decent reasonable EER scope?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
 Let me suggest one of the Hawke scopes. The sub 100.00 line is called the hawk sport, and is suprisingly clear and bright in my multiple 3x9x40's.  The AO adjusts close to perfect ranging distances and the field of view is wide, I swear I can't tell the difference between these hawkes and my leupold 3x9x33 clarity wise and I think the hawke is brighter. One of the other most noteable features is that the Hawkes stand up to my most punishing magnum airguns and the turrets never budge, poi never shifts. Add to the equation the fact that these scopes are lighter than the leapers, centerpoint etc models almost hands down. Oh yeah, etched glass and mildot now too. These scopes are about 75 bucks and have a US service center which has a no questions ask return policy, a forever warrenty, all just from what I've read, mine have all been flawless. Btw they also have a 4x model as well as a 2x7x32. The 2x7 is 100.00 or so,  the 4x isn't EER but is parallax set for 35 yards, would be a good simple and light scope for a .22,,, and eabco is closing them out for 39.00. Sounds like a price benefitting a cheap scope but cheap scopes hawkes are not, I promise you.

If by any chance you just wanted something with a bit more name recognition, i'd go with whatever magnification you'd want in a bushnell banner AO. They are also good clear glass, made tough with a good warrenty in a fairly compact package, in the 100.00 range. Mine all broke under heavy airgun recoil but other than that I liked them a lot. A .22 wouldn't faze one a bit.  J

http://www.eabco.com/HawkeRiflescopes.html

http://ww
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline deerman12

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:55:43 AM »
Thanks Jonny, I am looking but I can't tell if they have any eer models?  Eabco does not list the eye relief

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »
 Geez sorry DM, I'm an idiot ::), you said eer, I think AO and I'm off on a useless ramble about my favorite cheap scope. Hawke doesn't even make an eer model I don't think..lots of AO, no eer :(, I apologize again,  :P

So I went searchin, and found this one to possibly be a good bang for the buck.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/leatherwood-hi-lux-optics-2-7x32mm-long-eye-relief-ler27x32.html
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline sgte5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (19)
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 06:23:22 AM »
I've had good luck with Bushnel Trophy XLT 2-6x32 scopes on a few of my TC Contender barrels. They are very clear and have held up to some heavy recoil of my big bore  guns. I've not a problem with any of them.  Believe me, they seem to take it better beating than my hands. I bought them on line for under $175.00 each.

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 05:42:29 AM »
I have a taurus model 62 pump that I am mounting a scope on.  It mounts up where the back iron sight is.  My question is...this is just a plinker that I do not want to tie up a lot of money in optics.  What is a decent ER scope for say $100 or less? Thanks

Last fall I bought a used Leupold FX-II 2x20mm EER handgun scope on an auction site for $125.00 shipped, this scope retails for $350.00 MSRP.

Leupold makes a 2.5x28mm IER scout scope which has a 9.3" eye relief.

Leupold's EER handgun scopes have a 18" eye relief.

I suggest buying a used Leupold scope off auction site, you get a high quality optic and it comes with full lifetime warranty and stellar customer service.

yooper77